Giselle Tickets!

They're behind the wheelchair spaces, so I guess the ROH only release them once they've decided that no more wheelchair users are going to want to sit there.

I've noticed these patterns before, but have never known why.  Group bookings?  Held back for someone relatively important who has just decided they don't want them?  Ticketmaster allocation?

They're behind the wheelchair spaces, so I guess the ROH only release them once they've decided that no more wheelchair users are going to want to sit there.

I've noticed these patterns before, but have never known why.  Group bookings?  Held back for someone relatively important who has just decided they don't want them?  Ticketmaster allocation?

Could they be tickets held back for students?

I notice this a lot with ENB performances at the Coli. A section of the auditorium will be virtually or completely sold out and then a day or two before the performance, or sometimes as late as a couple of hours beforehand, several seats next to each other in various places will suddenly become available. As the Coli doesn't permit exchanges or returns for visiting companies I assume that these are ticket agency seats released to the Coli or seats held back for patrons who decide not to use them. It can be quite annoying if a more desirable seat suddenly appears or if it's too late to get to the theatre.

For its many faults, the ROH booking system does have one fantastic benefit, that they allow you to resell your ticket for a minimal fee, and I have had to do this quite a few times, and they always sell and a refund comes. I don't know any other theatre or cinema that allows you to do this. So, anyway, that enabled me to buy two seats together for one of the Osipovas last night, which is what I hoped to get in the first place, and I can resell the original single ticket I got.

• Like 1

Still loads of lovely tickets left. Very strange. Thought they would all have gone by now, but maybe people aren't looking anymore as its been sold out except for the odd single ticket for so long.

D'you know Alison, I have never, ever in all my time of booking tickets, seen these £22 tickets in row C of the balcony, and I can only think that its because by the the time that general booking opens, they have all gone to friends. :(

Edited by cavycapers

Word of warning about row C balcony tickets - sightlines vary dramatically from seat to seat. I sat there for Onegin last year and found myself constantly having to lean from left to right as the dancers moved across the stage to see past the person seated in row B. I'm rather tall as well, I remember one smaller lady beside me giving up and leaving. 

They *are* very dependent on the position of the seat in front, your own position, and the person in front of you, that's true.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  I remember once going and getting one of those inflatable cushions from front of house - but then it's a long way down to the footrest.