Congratulations to your dd double trouble, that's really great news :)

My dd is a small 14 year old and has been called back for class C on the 8th :)

• Like 2

Every junior we know that auditioned had been offered recalls for the 1st. I have not heard of a single no letter.

Anyone heard how many are likely to be there and how many they will take thru?

I know of a few JA 'No' letters from the first and last auditions. It would be interesting to know how many will get through. All very exciting, isn't it?

Every junior we know that auditioned had been offered recalls for the 1st. I have not heard of a single no letter.

I was wondering the same thing! My DD also got a junior recall from first audition.

• Like 1

Yes, we're in the same position. All the JAs auditioned that we know all got yeses.

Congrats to all that have got through . Atacrossroads my dd is 17 not very tall and in her audition mostly tall girls ! She is group A also on 8th just wondering how many they r looking for ?? Good luck to everyone x

• Like 2

My 17 year old DD is in Group A on 8th, if I can persuade her to go again  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Angel just wondering if your daughter auditioned same time as mine ? Dd class was at 1 o'clock march 13 th . Why doesn't she want to go again ? X

Yes double trouble.  My DD was there at the same time.  She hasn't done NYB before, I hear it is wonderful.  She just isn't used to doing new things having been at one school for five years having strict rules on what they could and couldn't do  :angry:

She just isn't used to doing new things having been at one school for five years having strict rules on what they could and couldn't do  :angry:

Why are some schools like this? I can't see the reasoning behind it.

I think they try to protect pupils but in my view they create a situation where they come out the other end not really knowing what they want to do, even if they do all the way through, there are no guarantees of a contract. They should be able to experience lots of different genres and performance opportunities, and competitions but don't get me started on that one!  <_<

• Like 4

Angel my dd used to go to a sch like that !! I feel that it's good to do auditions they need to see the talent out there and realise the competition ! Let's face it whatever happens in life there is always competition ! My dd hasn't done NYB before but we have been to see their shows a couple of times and thought it good and high standard x

• Like 1

She's not afraid of competition, just not used to being in different environments I guess.  She'll be fine I'm sure x

• Like 1

Hello, our first post and DD's first experience auditioning for NYB. She is a tiny 14 year old and has been recalled for Group C on 8th May. DD's teacher didn't seem that happy she was auditioning either?!?! Good luck to everyone for finals. How many as a percentage go through, does anybody know? Thank you so much. ????

• Like 2

My Dd is also a tiny 14 year old recalled in class C. Another friend of mine has a 15 year old who is a lovely dancer and also recalled to class C, so at least they haven't been put in with the 12 year olds because they're so tiny!

I'd also love to know the odds of getting through the final round as we have to change our flight home from holiday to a day earlier if she makes it through ????

Edited by atacrossroads
  • Like 1

I think they try to protect pupils but in my view they create a situation where they come out the other end not really knowing what they want to do, even if they do all the way through, there are no guarantees of a contract. They should be able to experience lots of different genres and performance opportunities, and competitions but don't get me started on that one! <_<

Anyone know how many main cast get picked ? They have had quite a few auditions so am thinking nx stage is going to be difficult ! Angel my dd also not used to new things and hasn't done lots of auditions but did enjoy it . Don't think my dd will be in with much of a chance as not at full time ballet sch ! She is at MT sch doing dance course but suppose it's if you are what they are looking for ? Good luck x

I think they try to protect pupils but in my view they create a situation where they come out the other end not really knowing what they want to do, even if they do all the way through, there are no guarantees of a contract. They should be able to experience lots of different genres and performance opportunities, and competitions but don't get me started on that one! <_<

Am sure your beautiful daughter will be fab Angel and they will grab the opportunity to have such a beautiful dancer with both hands.

Are they allowed to do any company like Phyllis Bedells. I have never asked....

Mind you, they are kept very busy...

• Like 1

Am sure your beautiful daughter will be fab Angel and they will grab the opportunity to have such a beautiful dancer with both hands.

Are they allowed to do any company like Phyllis Bedells. I have never asked....

Mind you, they are kept very busy...

Sorry kiwi mum, I have only just seen this.  Been busy with rehab classes for youngest.  Thank you for your lovely comment :) 

My thoughts were more to do with WL experience to be honest although the culture there seems to have changed vastly in just a couple of years. I'm positive that DD will be happily occupied now although currently waiting to hear whether she can take up a place on the Alvin Ailey Summer Intensive  :D

• Like 1

Now that would be amazing. Doesn't an ex Hammond dancer who was in my son's year dance with Alvin Ailey company?

Yes you're right about the ex-Hammond student.  It does look like an exciting company to work for !

Edited by angel

Hope it went well for all the JAs auditioning yesterday - the standard looked very high! Can I ask - does NYB have a reserve list of dancers similar to EYB if someone can't take up their place for whatever reason?

We managed to park about five feet away from the ENB school entrance and DH just kept shaking his head and saying 'this is too good to be true...must be a catch' and looking up and down the street a lot.

DD loved the acting - reported back at one point asked to pretend they were at a fancy dressed ball and everyone was in gowns but she had gotten the theme wrong and had turned up dressed as a tomato. She had to act 'grumpy' and be consoled.

My DD was the tomato. They had the measure of her that's for sure.

• Like 3

Alvin Ailey are coming to Sadler's Wells in September. I'm not sure whether they are going anywhere else in the UK.