ROH to introduce e-ticketing

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the benefit of anyone that hasn't returned tickets in recent times here's my experience....

I've just emailed the box office to tell them I had to return some tickets for the performance  on 20/5 as I can no longer go (no mention of the reson).....11 minutes after sending the email (and getting a standard auto confirmed response) I had an email from them telling me it's been exchanged for a gift voucher (redemption code included) for the full amount of my original booking, no fees taken and the tickets haven't even been put on the system for resale yet.👏🙂

• Like 3

16 hours ago, alison said:

Which is fine, assuming that your library is open and allowing access to the computers.  Not all are - and those that are definitely require you to book in advance, at least they do where I live.

Libraries were allowed to open to the public for book browsing and computer access from April 12 and most seem to have done that. Certainly the libraries near me have (Blackpool and Lancashire). Also, other authorities I have cards for; East Sussex, Gloucestershire, Westminster City Libraries and Devon seem to have fully opened. Obviously there will probably be exceptions and computers may well have to be booked anyway so it's as well to check beforehand. But it is usually an easy way of printing occasional items or even checking emails, buying tickets (if available!) etc.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 11:52, Rob S said:

For the benefit of anyone that hasn't returned tickets in recent times here's my experience....

I've just emailed the box office to tell them I had to return some tickets for the performance  on 20/5 as I can no longer go (no mention of the reson).....11 minutes after sending the email (and getting a standard auto confirmed response) I had an email from them telling me it's been exchanged for a gift voucher (redemption code included) for the full amount of my original booking, no fees taken and the tickets haven't even been put on the system for resale yet.👏🙂

Yes I had the same experience....an excellent service, all sorted out within half an hour, although it was Saturday afternoon!☺