London Childrens Ballet Tour

Balletsister

This wonderful forum has helped me so much in the past so I was wandering if anyone has any tips for places to stay near LCB offices, Ladbroke Grove area of London. My DD is on the February tour and as we don't live in London I was thinking it would be best to stay up there for the tour rather than travel daily. Any recommendations or general hints or tips about the tour would be welcome! Thank you in advance.

Hi Balletsister if it's a few days to a week you need I would start by looking on air bnb lots of reasonably priced places nearby and heaps in notting hill! Hope she has a great time, LCB is brilliant!!

Used Airbnb when needed to be in London for DC last year...only caution is, there is always the risk of them 'changing' your accommodation. The flat we had booked - & paid huge sum for as was in Covent Garden - several months before suddenly became 'unavailable' but we could have another close by....one of the initial ones we rejected when looking at all options on the site! Very disheartening & I suspect a ploy...hook you in with a beautiful looking place, take your money, then right before when they know you are going to have no option, push you to the (in my opinion) less attractive/quality flat.

I think I might be tempted if I were you to go with the good old trusty Premier Inn option. Book early enough & prices good - even in London. Or maybe look at an option just outside (though budget in then the cost of travel in....) I have stayed often in Hemel Hempstead West. Really good - nice staff who all seem to have been there the 2 years I have been visiting. Food good too. A short drive to Hemel Train Station then train to Euston. Or apparently you can use on the train Oyster/travelcards from Watford Junction short drive on so cheaper for travel.I think there is actually a Premier Inn there too - so perhaps could work out cheaper there & your car would be able to be left in car park. Another I have used for this purpose is Premier Inn at Edgware. Free to leave your car in their car park (you have to ok it & leave reg no) then short walk to Edgware tube. Seemed full of builders & their vans so less 'family' & as we arrived late did not want to enter the at that time very bawdy bloke bar/restaurant I must say, but it was very easy for in/out of London & again you might get a cheap rate in advance. Good luck & hope your DC enjoys the LCB tour!