York scholars - audition

smallbythesea

Hi Stardancer

Thankyou, she is very excited, she has had a good year so far...also been offered CAT FTP but will have to turn that one down. York Scholars will be Saturday afternoons and Northern Ballet is sunday mornings so she will do both.....and see how it goes. DD isnt doing Northern Summer School but if youre worried about not having any info etc ring them, i am sure they will be able to help x

• Like 1

Well done to your dd emloves2dance

Thank you everyone for your kind messages. I always say things happen for a reason.

Her 2nd dance teacher had a chat with her last night which I think helped. As everyone says, she will bounce back.

x

• Like 1

• Hi - Also, just got the letter from York Scholars, which my daughter is thrilled is a yes. Haven't decided which place to go for yet, as has also been offered Northern Ballet on a Saturday and we are unable to do both. Is York Scholars any better than Northern Ballet?

• Like 3

Well done to everyone with a Yes and sorry you got a no smallbythesea, my dd just opened her letter and she is on the reserve list which she is thrilled about, I guess we are in for another long wait now to see if she gets a place offered and if not then so be it and we'll look forward to the next audition and summer schools.

• Like 2

Which York summer school huddsballet, assembly or seminars? Dd doing seminars.....

Sharry01 I would go with your dds gut instinct I have heard both are excellent , my dd loved both auditions but would have been a nightmare too choose I think I would have had to make that decision for her........look at what's easier for you to travel too as its weekly ..... Hope whichever she chooses she enjoys x

My daughter has just been put on the reserve list for York. We're new to all this and ballet is like an alien world to me! Can anyone tell me whether there is much chance of her getting a place or should we be thinking "well done for getting that far" and moving on?

• Like 1