Midlands Associates - Newark

stardancer

Hi

I know from speaking to Peter Parker that some children were unable to make the audition & some children are going to 1,2 or all 3 days of their summer school to audition instead. My dd is going to for a full day of one of the summer school classes & I have heard of others who are doing the same. Not sure how many they are taking or how long it will take for the reply. Peter seems really approachable - why don't you give him a call or send a quick email? If you hear anything please let us know - and fingers crossed for everyone auditioning/already auditioned.

Just out of interest, how did the audition go? What were your thoughts?

Hi there

I know there was another thread in which it was explained that this scheme is nothing to do with MIDAS but would someone be able to post a link to the Newark scheme please as I am going round in circles when I google Midlands Associate Scheme/Peter Parker etc. I would love to know about the associate scheme in Newark and/or summer school.

Thanks

Swe x

HI SMALLBYTHESEA

sorry for the late reply

my dd said peter parker was very kind to them all,the audition lasted 1hour and a half hours.

my dd and i noticed all the children were mostly from york scholars as they teach there.

so my dd looked out of place,as everyone new each other.

Although they were very friendly, and the teaching looked fab.my dd is still waiting a reply,but as time goes on we think it will be a no .

goodluck to your dd for the summer school ,and hopefully it will be a yes

I have just noticed on there website 2 of their guest teachers are from Hammond and the lovely Gillian Hurst is also their Patron and guest teacher... Gillian Hurst runs the fantastic Easter Course in Portugal which my dd has attended twice now and had an amazing experience ;)

Cx

I have just noticed on there website 2 of their guest teachers are from Hammond and the lovely Gillian Hurst is also their Patron and guest teacher... Gillian hurst runs the cecchetti associates

Modified this to correct my error sorry I knew the name rang a bell haha

Cx

Edited by charlie4dancin

Stardancer, dont give up hope yet - it's only been a week and half. Bear in mind that he teaches throughout the week and he did the York Scholars audition this week. Did they not give you an indication how long the results would take? York Scholars said asap but no later than the end of June. How old is your dd by the way?

Dd was one of the few 'loners' at York Scholars audition which I don't think is a bad thing at an audition. Plus she got to see Shannon & Peter Parker before the Newark audition.

hi smallbythesea

or thanks i will try not to give up so soon. i emailed peter and he said i should hear tomorrow

so fingers crossed.

my dd is 12.

i hope you hear back soon from the york scholars, how old is your little dancer, i think they are brave to

go to audition,s alone as i always find girls who group up ,or come from the same school

HI boogalou

my dd says there were about 28 children at her audition.

but when we arrived another group maybe younger were leaving.

my dd gave a guess of about the same number

they are very friendly,and the girls seemed very nice

my dd wanted to do the summer school but she is going to northern ballet,

but we could do the last day,i think i will email them and ask if this is ok

how old is your dd.

hi spannerpony

your poor dd maybe a holiday for all would be a good idea.

but if you are like me, and all your money goes on dancing

then maybe a bag of chips by the sea is in order

• Like 1

Stardancer my DD is 9. I'm sure if you contact them your DD could do the final day of summer school, we were given the option to attend 1, 2 or all the days when I spoke to Peter. I'm guessing there will be 2 age ranges for the associate schemes? well done to your DD btw.

• 1 month later...

It's good news :D

Peter is teaching at dds summer school this week & he handed me the letter at the end of the day.

So proud & so pleased for her. She was beaming when she read the letter. She absoulutely loved the day she spent there & said when she came out she would love to be accepted.

Looking forward to her starting next month as it's in a lovely location so I'm going to enjoy going once a month.

smallbythesea.x

• Like 2