Looking for a Ballet Foot Stretcher

atacrossroads

I know foot stretchers are not advised- it makes me shudder thinking about what they do to the developing bones and tendons!

However, have you looked at the Elgin Foot exerciser? This is actually a podiatrist designed piece that people can use for a number of things including plantar fasciitis. It is however said to be excellent for devloping foot strength and improving the arch secondary to that????

Not recommending these at all but I came across this on Instagram, they are slightly cheaper: http://www.knk-miami.com/shop/original-archstretch

If you want a free way to stretch you feet sticking them under the gap under the sofa works simarlarly to the arch stretch things. Although the safest method is just using a theraband wrapped around the toes :)

Not recommending these at all but I came across this on Instagram, they are slightly cheaper: http://www.knk-miami.com/shop/original-archstretch

If you want a free way to stretch you feet sticking them under the gap under the sofa works simarlarly to the arch stretch things. Although the safest method is just using a theraband wrapped around the toes :)

Please DON'T put your feet under the gap in the sofa/piano etc. to stretch them - all this does is damage your feet!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 09:11, Dizzy dancer said:

I know foot stretchers are not advised- it makes me shudder thinking about what they do to the developing bones and tendons!

However, have you looked at the Elgin Foot exerciser? This is actually a podiatrist designed piece that people can use for a number of things including plantar fasciitis. It is however said to be excellent for devloping foot strength and improving the arch secondary to that????

Just wanted to bump this thread as dd came home from (full time) school and demanded to have a foot stretcher as a Christmas present. She seems to be very worried about her feet especially arch height, although it hasn't troubled her before in 5 years on pointe. I am very sceptical about foot stretchers per se., since anything that applies enough force to change the shape of your foot must come with huge risk of injury. I did wonder about the Elgin foot exerciser though  - I don't just want to dismiss dds concerns out of hand and would like to be able to suggest a reasonable alternative. Any advice very much appreciated.