Is honesty really the best policy?

Dizzy dancer

Would that be during the audition process, or as the result of them wanting someone and asking their current school for a reference/academic reports then?

Mind you, the ballet world is a pretty small one - we were at MoveIt one year, and saw a teacher from one vocational school chatting to the AD of another (it was quite funny actually, as dd knew both of them and said hello!).

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have today received a letter from school saying that a number of reference requests have been received for non yr 11 students auditioning at other schools (no specific schools specified.)

(Edited for typo and clarity)

Edited by Karen
  • Like 1

My lovely fellow ballet co friends.

I have several friends who's DD & DS's are at a vocational school and have received an email stating reference requests.  

Tring Park School have confirmed that they DO NOT send for reference requests until the "yes" letters are sent out.  In their words today "they simply would not have the time to write for references for all students who audition"  

Hope this puts some of your minds at rest as I know this has caused many sleepless nights!

:)