London Senior/Junior Ballet Auditions

tierneylina

I wanted to ask if Arts Ed - Chiswick is LJB's permanent address? I remember last year some discussion on it moving from north London to Acton. Also I see they are auditioning again in September. Does anyone have an idea on how limited spaces are.

I think they only recently relocated to chiswick from kings cross area (unfortunately!). From last years correspondence on this someone said around 1 in 4 get offered a place. 7 from my dds dance school went this year and 3 got a place in junior or senior....the numbers I guess are not very informative and only way of knowing if your dc will get in is to apply!

I think Arts Ed will be permanent now.  For many years LJB/LSB were hosted by London Studio Centre near King's Cross and classes were on Saturdays.  LSC were locating to new premises last year, but there were various problems along the way.  So LJB had to find a new temporary home last year and had a mixture of Saturday and Sunday classes.  Now they will be staying at Arts Ed with classes on Sundays.  As ever the number of places for September auditions is uncertain, just depends who is leaving, (or not taking up an offered place) - either to go to a different Associate class or because they can't do Sundays.