Press Release: NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR APPOINTED AT SCOTTISH BALLET

NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR APPOINTED AT SCOTTISH BALLET

The Board of Scottish Ballet is delighted to announce that Steven Roth, CEO of West Australian Ballet, has been newly appointed as Scottish Ballet’s Executive Director. Steven will take up his post at Scotland’s national dance company in March 2016.

Commenting on the appointment, Scottish Ballet Chairman, Norman Murray said:

We are delighted that Steven will join Scottish Ballet in March 2016. We set out to secure an Executive Director who possesses the right blend of commerciality and leadership to support Chief Executive/Artistic Director Christopher Hampson and to compliment his visionary plans for the future.’’

In June 2015, Scottish Ballet announced the appointment of Christopher Hampson as Chief Executive/Artistic Director and that a recruitment process would begin for an Executive Director to strengthen the senior management team with a clear focus on strategic vision and commercial success of the organisation. 

I am delighted that Steven is joining the team at Scottish Ballet after what has been an extensive recruitment process. He has the right combination of business acumen, leadership and management skills with many years of experience in the arts sector in Australia. I am looking forward to sharing our vision for the future and working closely with Steven to deliver the highest standard of dance at home and abroad alongside exemplary education and outreach work. We will also be expanding on potential commercial opportunities to continue to develop the future of Scotland’s national dance company.’’

Scottish Ballet’s CEO/Artistic Director Christopher Hampson 

On his appointment and move to Scotland, Steven added:

“It is a great pleasure for me to be taking on the role of Executive Director of Scottish Ballet, and to work with CEO/ Artistic Director, Christopher Hampson, the board and staff to realise the vision and ambitions for the Company, whose progress I have followed for some time. Scottish Ballet has established an impressive reputation for its quality performances and adventurous programming and I am thrilled to have this opportunity. I have visited Scotland many times, and I now look forward to getting to know the company, our audiences and supporters.”