Tights

smallbythesea

I know you lovely lot will be able to answer this for me ....

What is the difference between footed tights and convertible/transition tights??? Until recently I've never seen the convertible tights & actually thought the girl had a hole in her tights :huh: Just pleased I didn't embarass myself by saying something!!!!

Also, previously I have bought tights direct from dd dance teacher but have bought some online by Plume for an audition & they seem really thin in comparison. I'm guessing they'll be ok for audition purposes although can't see them lasting very long for regular classes.

• Like 1

Convertible tights have a small hole in each foot so that they can either be worn over the foot (eg when worn with shoes) or can be rolled up for bare foot work. Great if you have to go straight from ballet class to contemporary. Sometimes schools ask auditionees to wear convertibles so that they can take a look at their bare feet.

• Like 1

My dd loved danskin tights as they were the only ones that didn't have a seam round the end of the toes and I am sure the way the foot opening was edged (like a mini waistband) increased their life as most other makes do seem to ladder from this point. However we haven't been able to find them for sometime and i was given to understand they were no longer available. Can I ask where you get yours from please

just ballet.

edited to correct spelling

Edited by spooky

Hi spooky

Yes, it's like a mini waistband around the hole :)

Spannerandpony put me on to them - I bought some to sample for our new site and I was hooked :D

We'll be stocking them when the site goes live in July 12, but in the meantime if you search for "just ballet" on eBay, you'll find them listed there, as we're trying to drum up some awareness via eBay.

Sx

• Like 2

I can't tell you how glad I am that you can get hold of Danskin convertibles :-))

To answer the original question, my dd has been wearing convertibles for years now - I can't even remember the last time I bought footed tights for her. The "hole" means you can easily roll the tights up over your feet to dance barefoot, pop a pair of Ouch Pouches on for pointework, or even put socks on for other dance classes. They make life SO much easier!

• Like 1

Yes, theatrical pink is Danskin's version of RAD ballet pink. My dd wears adult size A/B but she's 13 and about 5'3 and a half. If your dd is small then she may want to try childrens' sizes. What size tights does she currently wear?

Ja Sm, I would be tempted to try the adult A/B if your daughter is on the cusp of sizes. The Danskin tights that we always had in the past have so much lycra in they don't seem to be baggy and they also last forever. My DD is still using some that are at least three years old - bit faded now but still not laddered or bobbly. When we couldn't get hold of Danskin tights I was shocked at how quickly other makes laddered or became baggy around the waistband regardless of how much I paid for them. Realised we had been spoilt by being introduced to Danskin when DD started wearing tights.

• Like 2

so pleased someone posted about tights :) DD needs several new pairs she has either grown overnight or they have shrunk in the wash :( does anyone have any idea if we buy Danskin (from all your reccommendations lol) what size i would need to buy DD is approx 5'1 mostly legs !! and as yet has no hips we previously bought capezio and mondor but she was forever pulling them up as they seem to slide off her (she is extremely skinny but is now starting to fill out) was thinking it would be easier to just buy convertibles so we're not looking for particular tights on certain days, thanks