Urgent! Where to stay in London?!

munchkin16

I've just randomly chosen the 11th May and the pre-pay rate at the Covent Garden Travelodge is £73.  GO FOR IT NOW, Jacqueline - it's usually one of the more expensive ones!

Booked it! The coach will be a fiver each way booked this early, bearable with a night between trips and vastly cheaper than the train!

I may do this again for the triple in June, I am hoping to see Yanowsky on the Friday and Ferri in the Sat mat, although that Travelodge single room is showing at £106 advance booking already, so I can imagine how much it will be nearer the time!

I will try The Celtic first and then shop round if necessary.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I also rather like the Tavistock on Tavistock Square.  En-suite singles are £83.

The Tavistock is part of the Imperial Hotel Group that has several conveniently located hotels.  They sometimes pop up with bargains on Travel Republic or Superbreak.  I got one last year for £63 instead of £91 via Travel Republic.

• Like 1

I think my sister-in-law stayed at a Travelodge at Waterloo a few years ago - don't know how much that is.

Travelodge is heavily  demand managed  in it's pricing  - 

the croydon central  and Walthamstow  travelodges are suprisingly convenient  for  central London  as  croydon central is literally  round the corner from east croydon NR and Walthamstow is bang on top of Walthamstow tube 

which combined with  even without Night tube nature of London's public transport ... 

Perhaps the Balham Travelodge is worth considering too as it is adjacent to both Balham railway station and Balham tube station (one beneath the other).   Catch the Northern line to Leicester Square and it's a couple of minutes walk up Long Acre to ROH.

• Like 1

I've just randomly chosen the 11th May and the pre-pay rate at the Covent Garden Travelodge is £73.  GO FOR IT NOW, Jacqueline - it's usually one of the more expensive ones!

Well, glad I booked when I did as you suggested. That £73 early booking deal now appears to be coming in at £106!

• Like 2

Well, glad I booked when I did as you suggested. That £73 early booking deal now appears to be coming in at £106!

Off-topic:  A friend and I have got caught out for a trip to Southampton in September.  She saw the Travelodge near the theatre for £39 but before we tried to book it the price had shot up to £123!!!  Apparently it's the final weekend of the Boat Show...

Are there no guesthouses left these days, Janet?  I realise that Travelodges and their like have their uses, but presumably there are other alternatives too.

The prices for them (if they weren't already full) were eye-watering too.  I even looked at neighbouring towns and Winchester but obviously everyone had the same idea.  My friend rang the tourist office and they suggested a Hilton that's by the Arena.  By joining the Hilton rewards scheme we were able to book during their winter sale.  It's still more than I was expecting to pay but I'd already bought my theatre tickets.

You can be very lucky booking rooms in London like the £69 Premier Inn price someone mentioned .....though Sunday is by far the cheapest night to stay usually.

It's just unfortunate if there is some other Major event on the weekend you may want to stay then prices just go through the roof!!