Tring auditions - what do parents do for four hours?

amos73

Write Xmas cards? Go for a haircut (if there's a trustworthy hairdresser in the area!)? How often does one have time for this? Twice a year maybe?! I like the idea of discovering a beautiful old town and going off on a galavant, spending too much money, eating cake and drinking too much coffee!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Berkhamstead and couldn't park!! Drive round and round for a good half hour trying to find somewhere, the one car park we could find was full and so were all the on road spaces, were we missing something?? Or is there another car park?? Really wanted to go a walk around but ended up leaving and going for lunch instead!!

I lived not far from Bicester Village for 25 years - went three times -it is horrible to try and park, really busy and as others have pointed out terribly expensive. Aylesbury is much closer and is just your typical shopping centre, wouldn't waste the fuel driving to Bicester

• Like 1

While my DD was at a dance day once I went for walk in what was once the park for the house - got a leaflet from information centre. Lovely views from the top of the hill and much cheaper than shopping. It was the summer so might be less appealing in the winter and I had all day to fill.

Having said that there are some lovely little shops and cafes as mentioned above.

Berkhamsted parking: coming from Tring, first set of traffic lights as you come into Berky on the left is the garden centre car park which then gives you access to the Waitrose car park. Next set of lights at the crossroads on the left takes you to more Waitrose parking and up to Railway station parking. Just after next set of lights on left you'll see Tesco Metro and there's parking behind there too.

• Like 3