Tring auditions - what do parents do for four hours?

amos73

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of trying lower school auditions and suggestions of what to do for four hours while DC are in audition. Just had email from registrar saying parents leave at 10 am and return at 2pm to collect them. Don't think I can face four hours sitting in Costa!

• Like 1

You can kill an hour or two in Costa, take a book or download things to watch on an ipad. Recline in the car and enjoy the enforced break! Or drive to Aylesbury/Watford for shopping. You might even be able to fit in a film at Aylesbury cinema if the timing is right.

• Like 1

If you take a drive on the Bulbourne Road out of Tring towards Ivinghoe, there is Tring garden centre, and also College Lake Wildlife Trust reserve. Both of them have cafes and are really nice to wander round as well.

That's the place I was thinking of but more accurately described! Thanks Taxi!

Or, if you like stuffed animals......Tring Natural History Museum  :lol:

I'm going to have to visit one of these days - my Grandad stuffed some of them!!! 

(What a claim to fame, eh? They didn't catch them in the wild to stuff them, most were deceased from London Zoo or private collections)

• Like 7

I often getting chatting to another dance mum - couple of cups of coffee and a long natter - time soon goes. 4 hours will go quickly - wait until the final auditions - I spent 8 waiting at White Lodge!!

Yes, but what a beautiful place to wait and what wonderful circumstances!

So many great suggestions thanks!! I just didn't realise it would be quite so long I think, and as DD has done CBA am acquainted with the 'charms' of the Costa on the high street but thought four hours in there might be a bit of a stretch!

• Like 2

I often getting chatting to another dance mum - couple of cups of coffee and a long natter - time soon goes. 4 hours will go quickly - wait until the final auditions - I spent 8 waiting at White Lodge!!

8 hours though, WaitingMum, whhaaaaa??!! Had no idea that finals would take so long. (And now I get why the name 'Waiting').

Oh well, who knows if we will get through to any finals, have to cross that bridge IF we come to it. 

• Like 1

Or, if you like stuffed animals......Tring Natural History Museum  :lol:

Including for some reason a set of fleas wearing Mexican dress.

I read somewhere that Charles Rothschild bought them under the assumption that they were scientific specimens, and got a bit of a surprise when he opened the box, poor chap.

I'm going to have to visit one of these days - my Grandad stuffed some of them!!!

What fun to be able to go to a museum, point at an exhibit and say 'Granddad did that' :)

Edited by triphazard
  • Like 3

Including for some reason a set of fleas wearing Mexican dress.

I read somewhere that Charles Rothschild bought them under the assumption that they were scientific specimens, and got a bit of a surprise when he opened the box, poor chap.

What fun to be able to go to a museum, point at an exhibit and say 'Granddad did that' :)

The Mexican Flea Wedding Couple (!!) were a big hit with the waiting younger brother back in regular visits to Tring days!!