The Bolshoi Ballet School

primrose

I just wanted to share with you all that my dd has just passed all her exams at the Bolshoi School/Academy and has now been formally offered to train for a further three years. The exams are both practical and academic based. Practical exams are performed infront of a panel of the school powers that be. You must pass the classical regardless of how well you have done in all the other exams. So far she has done classical, historical, character, classical acting and modern. Her academics are Russian language, grammar, oral and it goes on some more but I cant remember. A very happy household who can all now relax for the summer.

• Like 22

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She seems to be embracing it all. She has picked up the language quite quickly. Russian culture seems to really suit her. The people are very straight to the point, you know where you stand, they have high expectations but they are the most caring people you will come across. If a teacher sees a student giving it their all, then this is what the teacher respects above all else.

• Like 1

Well done to Heather. So pleased for both of you. Will she get a long break at home with you over the summer?

Yes, she comes home on the 15 June and wont return until the end of August. The icing on the cake for our family now will be my son passing his first year at university. Life really is a journey isnt it.

• Like 3

A huge congratulations to Heather, she has proven a particular person wrong and good on her for having the strength and determination to follow her dream. So nice to hear students who work so hard getting acknowledged and succeeding.

• Like 2

Very many congratulations to your daughter, primrose. To go so far away from home to a very different environment for your vocational training, with the added challenge of learning a difficult foreign language, really shows what an exceptional person your daughter must be. She must have tremendous strength of character and I'm sure that this greatly increases her chances of succeeding in her chosen field. I hope that you and your family have a lovely summer together.

• Like 2

I had also heard that joy had been offered a contract with Mikhailovsky as a principle dancer, alongside her partner Mario. I have met Joy and she is a lovely person and has been a great support to Heather. I think her dancing speaks for itself.

• Like 3

Gosh, I think all Heathers dreams would have come true if that were to happen. I dont think Heather will reach the giddy heights that Joy has reached. Joy is someone to watch, she is a beautiful talanted dancer and has only just celebrated her 18th Birthday. She has also worked her socks off to get where she is today. Dan Dolan, a British boy about to go into his graduation year is also doing very well. It will be very interesting what offers he recieves this time next year.

Edited to add that I have just found this link posted on Ballet News, it features the 3rd year graduating students. Joy is the girl in the red tutu, Mario is her partner.

https://vimeo.com/43445435

Edited by primrose
  • Like 4

Thank you Primrose for sharing the news and the vimeo clip. What a fabulous achievement for your DD, and how thrilling to see that calibre of dancing and know your daughter is sharing that calibre of training and has the potential and the dedication to achieve so much. Toi Toi Toi to her for the future. Your heart must be full to bursting with pride !