Durable Tights!

irishballetmom

I need to replace the half dozen tights I bought for this summer's summer schools and workshops already, my 13 year old (just turned 13 today, eek!) seems to get runs in her tights by just looking at them and am looking for what tights you find the most durable. Have tried a lot of different brands but none seem to last long, especially frustrating when you pay so much for some of them!  Please tell me which brands last the best for you!

Mine both like Just Ballets own brand and find they last well - provided we wash them before the first wear as the odd pair of convertibles has quite a tight foothole and the ladder starts from there if we don't.

If you are finding her tights ladder very quickly, do check what size she is wearing and perhaps check out the next size up.  My eldest wears a size medium/large in tights despite being a small in everything else.

Yes the size up works well for us - made a big difference after advice from here. Capezio/Bloch do best for us. Capezio are the pinker of the 2 and look better on dd. She is adult s/m capezio and bloch 10-14 child so a bit cheaper I think. But neither are cheap

After experimenting, DD is happiest with Balera, which we get from Dancewear Solutions in the US. They are cheap (half the price of good tights in NZ), but the shipping isn't, so I get a pile at a time. They are quite a pale pink, but so is my DD ;) . Another dance mum/teacher was showing me Bodywrappers tights, which are twice the price but she says they last a year.

Capezio microfibre convertible ones last for ages. Some people complain about the waistband on them but they are really stretchy so shouldn't ladder too easily

I agree with this. I always wore Capezio microfibre convertibles and found them by far the best. I like the waistband too although I know some people complain about them!

As others have said, trying a size up is a good idea

Edited by invisiblecircus

Dancia sells a brand called tendu, you have to be quite specific when you ask at the till otherwise they'll try and sell their (not as good, more expensive) own brand tights. But I currently have 4 pairs of unripped tights which are all tendu, the oldest ones have lasted about 1.5 years!!