Royal Ballet Monotones/Two Pigeons

alison

Join us for two sublime ballets in one evening at the Royal Opera House, and enjoy up to 50% off tickets.

The enduring appeal of The Royal Ballet’s Founder Choreographer Frederick Ashton is beautifully borne out in this contrasting double bill.

The serene Monotones is Ashton’s choreography at its most abstract, modernist and purely poetic. Set to haunting music by Erik Satie, it features two short, non-narrative ballets, each based around three dancers.

The highlight of the programme is a major revival of The Two Pigeons, which is a metaphor for two lovers. A young man is bored with his life and devoted girlfriend, and when a troupe of gypsies arrives in town, he finds the excitement he’s been craving. It’s touching and gentle humour makes it one of The Royal Ballet’s most delightful and heart-warming productions.

You can now buy the best seats in the house for just £48 (Orchestra Stalls usually £100-£84) or Amphitheatre tickets for £28 (usually £59) for evening performances on 19 and 27 November and 4 and 5 (eve) December.

Offer is subject to availability, and is non-transferrable and non-refundable. This cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or on tickets already purchased.

• Like 1

Thanks for this. When I saw how poorly it had sold, I thought there might be a good deal to be had to use up my Theatre tokens, but it doesn't look like I can use them with See Tickets. If anyone spots any offers with promo codes for the ROH website, I'd be really interested as I can easily make it to London on 27th November. :)

Thanks again! Booked. :) I'm travelling back from Norwich to Bristol that day, so a stop off in London works quite well and so it was too good an opportunity to miss in the end. Time to lug the ol' 1/2/5/10p jars down to the bank! The theatre tokens can wait!

Time Out offer today - amphitheatre £22 and orchestra stalls £37.50.

Sorry I can't do links from my phone.

Finally found it, but it's sold out: http://uk-offers.timeout.com/deals/monotones-the-royal-opera-house-november-2015:(

Don't know why I didn't get sent that one.  Shame: I might just have stretched to £22 for a good seat.