Bolshoi Ballet summer season, London 2016 announced

Just watched Swan Lake DVD again. The clapping is really awful and spoils my enjoyment of the ballet. It seems the Bolshoi company encourages these dreadful clappers. Beggars belief. 

I hope the clappers are not at the ROH this summer.

You would think Russians would appreciate Tchaikovsky's music.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Swan Lake DVD again. The clapping is really awful and spoils my enjoyment of the ballet. It seems the Bolshoi company encourages these dreadful clappers. Beggars belief. 

I hope the clappers are not at the ROH this summer.

You would think Russians would appreciate Tchaikovsky's music.

Bill, why not put the DVD music to silent and play the swan lake soundtrack separately if it makes you feel better?

Edited by SwissBalletFan
  • Like 1

Bill, why not put the DVD music to silent and play the swan lake soundtrack separately if it makes you feel better?

Well that would be a great idea if you have a recording of the music used for that particular production!

I have known people watch live football transmissions with the sound muted but listening to the radio commentary.

I understand exactly what Bill means though; the claqueurs are downright irritating.

Well that would be a great idea if you have a recording of the music used for that particular production!

I have known people watch live football transmissions with the sound muted but listening to the radio commentary.

I understand exactly what Bill means though; the claqueurs are downright irritating.

Well I guess if you are watching a second time, then you will know when to press the Mute button.

In terms of claquers, I am guessing they do not travel if they are the paid professionals, rather than a very enthusiastic audience.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...