EBay searches

taxi4ballet

I decided to look on EBay this morning for a book about Vaganova technique, and much to my surprise when I typed it in the search box EBay responded with a few hits but also with:

"Did you mean 'Casanova'?"

Er - no!!! :D

Has anyone else found funny/odd suggestions like this when searching ballet terms?

• Like 7

My own searches for Vaganova (particularly if there's a typo) often give a message asking if I meant to search for a certain part of a woman's anatomy. Sometimes the search engine doesn't just ask, it assumes, and takes me to stuff I definitely did NOT want to see. This once happened in a public library along with a flashing screen warning that the library computers are for serious work, not for X-rated material...

• Like 7

Did you find what you wanted Taxi ? I have a few Vaganova technique books, but if you're looking for a good 'starting point' the one I'd recommend is  Basic Principles of Classical Ballet. You can probably get a 2nd hand copy on amazon.

• Like 1

Did you find what you wanted Taxi ? I have a few Vaganova technique books, but if you're looking for a good 'starting point' the one I'd recommend is  Basic Principles of Classical Ballet. You can probably get a 2nd hand copy on amazon.

Yes I did, thank you - that's the one I bought - its for DD though, I wouldn't understand a word of it...

• Like 1