A question on London Children's Ballet recalls

Balletmum4ever

My DD is auditioning tomorrow for LCB for the first time. On the confirmation email it says that the audition is 30 mins and then we have to wait to see if we are needed for the recall on the day. My DD asked me whether you are out if you are not taken in for recall on the day or not. I wasn't certain from the info that we have received what the purpose of the recall is so couldn't answer. Is it a second stage for those they like or to look more closely at those that they are undecided about? Any experience would be welcome so that I can manage expectations tomorrow!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, the girls all dance for the first part of audition, the parents are then invited in and they call out the numbers of the children they want to stay for the second part of the audition. If your number isn't called you are then free to leave. After the second part you are free to leave and will receive a letter in the post about a week later, either saying its a no or inviting you to the finals. After the finals you then get another letter offering you a place or a no letter.

This was the procedure for last few years, although this year auditions are at a different location and I think corosponce is now via email rather than letters. Good luck for tomorrow. It's a lovely audition experience X

I believe that's the case. If not recalled tomorrow then it's the end of the process. That's what happened when dd auditioned anyway! It's a multi stage nail biting process. Dd loved being part of it, fantastic experience and run by brilliant people. Good luck everyone! The audition is fun too so they will enjoy it.

Also, if unsuccessful for the London production, do consider LCB's wonderful summer schools. For various reasons, dd was never able to audition for LCB but she did their senior summer school three times and it was an absolutely fantastic experience every time.

More than 5 from each group get through the first round to the recall... There could be over 20 in the recall across 2 groups that are joined together. From this about half are invited to the final audition.

From the final about 5 of each age group taken into the company.

The Artistic Director is also looking for children to take part in Lcb tours from the finalists...an amazing experience.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

You need to arrive pretty close to the time you have been given for registration, maybe 5 mins or so before as there is not much waiting space. My DD was excited and nervous in equal measure but she really enjoyed the experience. She said that it was fun and everyone was lovely. Can't comment on the standard as I did not see anyone dance nor would I feel qualified! Good luck!

• Like 1

Guest Autumn days

Primaballerina, did your dd audition yesterday? I hope she did well!

When my dd did this many years ago I think there were about 6 or 7 girls in every age group. It was a great thng to do.

Guest Autumn days

Good luck, then - I know this will be a big day for you!! They were all lovely when my dd did it so I'm sure you and dd will enjoy the day regardless of the outcome!

My dd was also recalled last Sunday and we are finding the wait awful too! They must be waiting until today's audition rounds are finished I think. This is dd's first ever audition experience so it's all new to us. Very glad to have found this forum which has been so informative