The perfect ballet bun...

Nutcracker-x

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can add to this post is if you want a laugh,  just make a cuppa and log onto YouTube for type in Classic Ballerina Bun. 

Hilarious, especially when the bun is created by a 'professional' hair stylist. 

They should leave it all to the professional dancers. The Americans use so much product and on wet hair, which is totally impractical when the girls are running from school to their ballet lessons.

The best are where the older girls demonstrate on themselves. 

The mention of professional hairdressers reminds me of an occasion about 8 years ago when my DD was competing in a local dance festival. She had one section at 9 o'clock and then nothing until three, so I booked us both in for a cut and blow dry at the nearby hairdressers to make good use of the time in between. The hairdresser was chatting with DD whilst she cut her hair, and when she said she was dancing, the hairdresser offered to put her hair into a bun when she had finished. DD has VERY thick hair and I think the hairdresser soon regretted her kind offer. It took her ages, delayed the next customer and nearly made us miss DDs section. As we ran back to the theatre as fast as we could,the bun that had taken so long began to unravel...

So we ended up with me re-doing it at the side of the stage with minutes to go. I don't think hairdressers are prepared to grab the hair in the vice like grip that the young dancers mum employs on a regular basis!

• Like 1