carmen67

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

70! That's a lot! Are the current year 11 girls auditioning today as well? Are they part of the 70 or did they audition earlier?

Do they have more spaces in upper school then lower school? Is it just for 6.1 or 6.2 and graduates year as well?

Turn out I know nothing about upper school auditions. I assumed there is similar number of places available so there will be 40-50 girls auditioning.

Good luck to all the girls at Elmhurst today

How is your son getting on Julie? Is he now with a company in England?

Thanks for asking Lisa and we won't continue the conversation here, but no, last autumn he took the "brave" decision to give up dancing after 3+ years as a professional and has taken a personal trainer course, is now qualified and is about to start in a new gym in the Wimbledon area as a self-employed PT. So if anyone's after an ex-professional ballet dancer PT in South West London please message me!

His ballet training isn't wasted - it's made him the person he is today mentally and physically, but I can't begin to say how sad I am that I may never see him dance again. But I'm proud of him as ever.

I won't continue the conversation publicly, there's no big mystery, but he's an adult and it's his decision what he puts "out there", but am happy to reply to PMs if anyone wants to discuss what it's like to go through having a child at vocational schools from 11 - 19 and for them to be employable (and employed) but then have a change of heart :-)

• Like 18

Hi again.

Always feel like a bit of an imposter on this thread as DD is not auditioning for ballet courses! She loves ballet but it became apparent a couple of years ago that she had not got the facility for ballet. However she is a beautiful dancer (biased mum!) and passionate about dance so perhaps our journey might be interesting to others :)

She auditioned for the BA in dance at Fontys dansacademie in the Netherlands at the weekend and was accepted. She is over the moon and so excited at the prospect. I,of course, am thrilled for her but also sad to think of her going away from us for 4 years.

She now has 2 offers the degree in Fontys and the foundation course in NSCD in Leeds. She has her final audition in Codarts in Rotterdam on the 4th of April but I believe the standard is incrediby high so she is going without huge expectations but is very excited to see the school and participate in the audition. It is nice that everything isn't hanging on this final audition!

Now I just have to convince her to get her head into her books for a final push towards her Leaving Certificate exams in June. She is capable of very high grades and I really want her to get the best grades she can so she keeps all her options open for the future.

I love reading all the stories here of other people's journeys. It is great to read all about the reality of the dancing life, warts and all.

Good luck to all who are still in the process and awaiting results.

• Like 10

Do you think the Elmhurst results for upper school will be out before Easter ? Typically we are away visiting family next week so won't get to see my postman

On the plus side he won't have me peering out of the bedroom window looking for him lol

Current year 11 Elmhurst students are scheduled to find out their results tomorrow so expect external candidates will also know results within 24 hours of this.

• Like 2

I do hope the Central results are less staggered these days - some letters and emails went out in really delayed dribs and drabs last year and it was a horrible time for those waiting.

My Dd didn't get her result until 2 weeks after the first batch last year and it was a no. I just think the no's should be sent out in the first lot because otherwise you are waiting for a disappointment and that's where it's unfair. Luckily this year my DD has a place at Rambert and she wants to go there. If she didn't have Rambert we would be in the same predicament and the toll that would take on all of us would be horrendous to deal with.

Edited by Uniqrina
  • Like 4

My Ds has been offered a 6th form place at Elmhurst ! We are overwhelmed ! It was his 4th attempt. Determination paid off ! Good luck to all waiting for results and don't give up. Dreams do come true

Huge congratulations to you and your DS!  Great news x

• Like 1