Two questions (funding for drama students & Northern Ballet Summer School)

famcandance2

Hi. Have decided to put both these questions in the same post even though they have nothing to do with each other. Please let me know if this is not right.

Firstly, although not a strictly dancing question, I have decided to ask this here as I feel I know people on this forum and know I will get as much help as is available. My dd, although also a dancer, has secured a drama place at a vocational school. As far as I know there are no scholarships/awards for drama students and I was wondering if anyone on this site knew where I could look for funding.

Secondly, I was wondering if anyone else's dd or ds was attending Northern Ballet Manchester's summer school. My ds wants to go and I sent in a form with the payment quoted on the web. I have since been asked for more money and am not sure why. Could anyone going pm me and tell me how much they are paying so I know what is going on. I have tried to email them, but have had no response.

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

If you go to your library there's a reference book that lists all the charities making awards, categorised by locality and interest area sponsored. It also lists the type of award they make, whether to individuals or groups, and what they will consider funding. I've just been looking at it as my daughter has been offered an associate type place at the Royal Northern College of Music, but the fees are £3,500 a year - that and a DS at vocational school on a teacher and a librarian's salary is not a good combination. But we will write to the 3 possible organisations listed ...

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the book but I gather its quite a standard work.

Aswell as the library there is an online charity search. I think I accessed it from the Educational Trusts Forum. You answer as many questions as you can (as your dd) and it will narrow down a list of charities that she may be eligible for. From what I have been told the library does have the most comprehensive sources, however.

Which drama School? Is it 6th form or post 6th form? Many drama courses are degrees so student loans are available. I thought some places were offering DADAs but i may well be out of touch. My daughter was at Rose Bruford but at 18 so was on a student loan.