BRB Swan Lake, Sadler's Wells

alison

Ballet's greatest love story returns to Sadler's Wells in Birmingham Royal Ballet's lavish production of the timeless classic, Swan Lake. This romantic fable of ill-fated passion, powerfully illuminated by Tchaikovsky's legendary score, has bewitched audiences for generations.

By a moonlit lake, a grieving prince witnesses the transformation of a swan into a beautiful princess. Compelled by an evil spell to spend her days in the form of a bird, she can only be saved by the power of love.

Filled with exquisite ensembles, lyrical pas de deux, and bravura solos, Swan Lake is atmospheric, romantic and beautiful.

What's the offer?: Second price seats £25 (normally £38) for the performances on Tue 13 & Wed 14 Oct at 19:30 and Wed 14 Oct at 14:00 only.

Book your tickets online using the booking code OLTBRB
Or call the Box Office on 020 7863 8000 quoting ‘OLT BRB offer’

Terms and conditions: Subject to allocation availability. Offer valid for selected dates only. Not valid retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. £2.50 transaction fee applies for telephone bookings and £1.75 for bookings made online.

Sadler’s Wells, Rosebery Avenue, London EC1R 4TN
www.sadlerswells.com

I was really shocked by the number of unsold seats showing on the website when I looked yesterday. I can't understand it as Swan Lake usually sells so well. Perhaps it's the venue: Sadler's regulars don't want to see Swan Lake and the occasional ballet goer who would like to see Swan Lake (and there are many) aren't aware that it's on. Very strange.

Tickets for the 4 nights in Belfast in November ,including a Matinee on a Thursday and another one on the Saturday have been selling at a snails pace too. Looking on the Grand Opera House website,I notice more seats have been filled these last few weeks,and there`s still 6 weeks to go,so they might suddenly all sell out. But  considering I bought my tickets in May and I have been checking on their website every couple of weeks to see how the sales were going,there are still huge blocks of seats left unfilled.

I wonder if part of the problem is the Coliseum's website.  For some reason, I have never, ever managed to book on line.  Something always goes wrong when it comes to the payment stage.

Once again, I have just spent 15 minutes on the phone waiting for the box office, after getting an error message saying I am using the wrong http code!