You know you're a "dance mum" (or dad) when.....

Pups_mum

Slightly off topic - I realised I was a rubbish dance mum when I eventually found out that the several years of comments on how good my dd's turnout was had nothing to do with me providing lovely clean leotards and tights! (I honestly thought it was down to me...)

• Like 9

When you get really excited about a clothes sale..... on a ballet supply website..........

Or spend days web searching that perfect (substitute just about any item of dance clothing/equipment)...

• Like 3

....when you start stocking up the 'fridge for extra food and snacks and hubby gets a haunted look due to the imminant arrival of a teenager back from V.S. when the house will be transformed into a hub of noise and clutter!!! Bliss :D :D :D

Edited for wierd spellings!

Edited by Dragonlady

When you get really excited about a clothes sale..... on a ballet supply website..........

Or spend days web searching that perfect (substitute just about any item of dance clothing/equipment)...

.....pair of Danskin convertible tights, pink, size A/B!!

• Like 1

I just had one of those moments...

I was looking at the current affairs discussions on another website and saw a headline including the words "and more flexibility for all". It turned out to be something about early years education, but I can't get rid of the mental image of the whole population attending compulsary state run stretch classes. I need to get out more.

• Like 3

When your primary school DS is chosen to play in the football team and asks where he has to pick uo his "costume", and your teenage DS tells me he is bringing books home at half term to "rehearse" for his exams!!

• Like 5

Lol same here! Sooky my OH used to work in Drury Lane and I used to phone Dancia up, place and pay for my order, then txt OH and he used to go in and show them what he was here to collect :D

I used to just pray they never showed him the prices :D

Sadly his office has moved to Camden now :(

• Like 2

... when you have withdrawal symptoms when its the holidays and you don't know what to do with yourself with all the sudden free time

that is my life...DS has just stopped dancing to complete exams and house isn't even being cleaned because I am just rambling around wondering what normal people do when they don't have to drive somewhere everyday...it's true what they say works expands to fill the time, now I can postpone cleaning and as a result it doesn't get done at all :(

I`m not a dance mum,but an ex dancer,and if ever there is any sport on tv,especially rugby,you see all the advertising signs around a ground. I always smile to myself at the RBS one. Imagine the Royal Ballet School being so wealthy they could afford to sponsor sports teams.!!!!!

It actually stands for Be Right Back thequays. When Angela very kindly posted that she would be right back, I presumed she meant she was going to talk to her teenage daughter to ask her what it meant! It wasn't until much later I mentioned it to my sister and she explained.

• Like 2

Being a dancer or connected with dance very much affects doing the daily crossword puzzle.

The clue: "one end of a needle"

So, I counted the alloted spaces: 5

But, but, but, it takes 6 spaces for "pointe"

Duh - sometimes I forget there is something else in life besides pointe.

Actually knowing a bit about ballet is a hindrance to completing a crossword puzzle.

The clue: "a ballet step"

Newspaper Answer: plié

But, but, but....that's wrong - plié is not a step - it's a bend.

The clue: "a ballet step"

Newspaper Answer: arabesque

But, but, but....that's wrong - arabesque is not a step - it's a pose.

...and so on...

• Like 2

When your dd is practising dance routines walking down the supermarket car park or shopping aisle :rolleyes:

In the shower we have a squeege thing for wiping the shower screen doors - saw her tonight go up on demi-pointe to reach the top & down into plie to get to the bottom - on all 3 screens!!!

• Like 3