Millenium foundation course

double trouble

Hi havnt been on here for a while as all was going well . Youngest daughter got a half price scholarship for Ldn Theatre Sch she really loved the audition as jazz and commercial is what she wants to do , however last wk end we get an email saying the sch has gone into liquidation !! My daughter has been devastated and doubt if we will get the 6000 pounds back !! I researched the sch before it's been there 15 yrs!! I rang round few schools Ldn area as she wants to live at home also we can just about afford fees but won't be able to afford accommodation . All the schools are full as term is starting so we thought back to training and have to audition nx year. I got in touch with millennium they are only about 45 mins train journey away from us they have a place on their foundation course and she can audition for it . Does anyone here know anything about it ? I know it has CDET accreditation and they seem to have lots of students getting work . If she gets a place she is saying she wants to take it especially as she will prob be doing more hours trainjng that what she is doing now so hopefully will give her a chance for auditions nx year. Any info would be appreciated . Thanks

Millennium is excellent, Mr McLennan is so caring about the students and they have their own agency. They have to do a ballet class every day on the diploma course as a core to their training and they have excellent very experienced teachers. They also offer the Maddox jazz which is super strengthening. They get a fantastic all round training and seem to do well with jobs. If you can manage it Id say go for it!

• Like 1

Thanks 4 replies. We have been told by solicitors that r dealing with the liquidation that it could be 6 mths before we know if any money will be repaid but they said best to think you won't get it back !! We don't even know what has happened ! The sch was still auditioning two wks ago !! I'm so mad !!! There were students coming from

All over England that would of paid big deposits to rent while at the school ! To be honest the money is very annoying as I have 4 daughters and we aren't millionaires !! But the stress on my youngest when she was so excited to go is what had upset me the worse ! Will let u know if we get any of it back , has made me realise that best to only consider the schools that have the CDET!! Thanks for info balletqs just have to hope she does well in audition. She hasn't danced hardly at all in summer hols as we told her to have rest before she started new sch !! X

Goodness me! What a worry. :-( Millenium has a very good reputation and seems to also have an excellent graduate employment record. I do hope you get some or hopefully all your money back!

For their three year course I believe Millenium gets DaDa funding, if that's any help for next September.

• Like 1