Softblocks - fitting

Kitschqueen_1

Every pair of ballet slippers/pointe shoes, etc. needs to be fitted. Every individual shoe is different even within the same pair. Remember, there are no lefts and rights - and thus interchangeable.

• Like 2

Yes, I would always get softblocks fitted just like pointe shoes. I only ever even bought soft slippers onine once because dd needed another pair exactly the same as the ones she already had. Every other time I've taken her to have those fitted too.

• Like 2

Every pair of ballet slippers/pointe shoes, etc. needs to be fitted. Every individual shoe is different even within the same pair. Remember, there are no lefts and rights - and thus interchangeable.

My dd always tries them on both feet and then swaps them over, usually half a dozen times (!) before deciding which way round she wants them.

• Like 2

My dd always tries them on both feet and then swaps them over, usually half a dozen times (!) before deciding which way round she wants them.

I used to keep changing them about all the time I used them. It kept the alignment of the shoe straighter and was therefore more supportive. Always encouraged my students to do that, too.

• Like 2