balletmum20

Lower School Auditions 2016

does anyone know if a Year 8 place has been offered?  My DD is naturally very upset and has said she kind of hopes no-one was offered a place as it would make it easier, knowing that the current Year7 is a very full year whereas I hope at least one child has or else it was a wasted effort for all the Year 8 candidates!  Not the best attitude I know but I understand where she's coming from too.  After a quick cry, she's gone upstairs to do some homework!

Holly House 9 my students mum requested feedback but they said they would only discuss with a teacher. I emailed Mark Annear and he called me back. I won't go into details on the feedback, but essentially they were very small details so you really get the feeling that the difference between pupils must be tiny when getting the knee to touch the wall the extra cm away is the difference between being accepted and not.

• Like 1

Still waiting here outofmydepth. But as one mum has just pointed out to me she got her Birmingham JA result last year a day after all the other centres!

• Like 1

does anyone know if a Year 8 place has been offered? My DD is naturally very upset and has said she kind of hopes no-one was offered a place as it would make it easier, knowing that the current Year7 is a very full year whereas I hope at least one child has or else it was a wasted effort for all the Year 8 candidates! Not the best attitude I know but I understand where she's coming from too. After a quick cry, she's gone upstairs to do some homework!

We had a no for year 8 too. Dd is devastated, like you this was our 2nd year of trying. I'm sure she'll be ok soon but it's very hard watching them ????

DancingShoes, I am so sorry to hear that.  I firmly believe that it can still be their time in the future, but their path is just going to be different and perhaps a bit more adventurous.  Certainly, my DD has achieved a lot and I do think finals for two years in a row is absolutely amazing.  Maybe, if you're strong enough to try again next year, we'll see you on the circuit.  No matter what, lots of commiserations for you and your DD and don't give up.  Now is simply a time to reflect and re-evaluate the road to take, x

• Like 4

What a lot of posts to catch up on tonight....

Huge congratulations discomonkfish

Huge commiserations to you all: jennyboydance, dancefanatic, Ballet4Boyz, balletnat1, TBG and Dancing Shoes.  

Good luck for reserve list movement: Balletmum20, Hollyhouse9 and Twoballerinas and finally congratulations on the MA place Hollyhouse9!

Well done to all your DC's on making finals - it is an achievement in itself as the talent is clearly there. xx

• Like 8

My DD also had a no from Elmhurst and is heartbroken - I can totally sympathise with everyone who didn't reach a final as I wish this would have happened to us now then she probably wouldn't have been as bothered. As parents we all wish for the best for our children and to see her so upset breaks my heart too . Anyway we have a last throw of the dice so to speak at The Hammond next month so I have to try and lift her for that but it is going to be so tough as she naturally thinks it's going to be another disappointment ????

I think there are quite a lot of people's hopes now pinned on the Hammond final next month!! Does anybody know how many there normally are at the audition?

So sorry to everyone receiving their no for nows, I know what a heartbreaking position it is to be in, but if you decide to continue down this route then rest assured that it does seem easier in year 8, I think because you know how to manage your expectations a bit better along with the fact that you know the chances of a year 8 place becoming available are so slim, it definitely makes the whole experience a lot less stressful!!

Huge congratulations to all the yes' and best of luck to those still waiting on results ????????????

Back to another day of checking the forum and refreshing emails!

Huge well done to the yeses, keep going to the no's. Good luck to those still waiting ????????

• Like 1

If you get a no for Mids do they let you know or only the Yes'? We are Birmingham.

They let you know either way, but I've not heard of any Birmingham results being out yet so maybe they are last to be released? Good luck x

Congratulations pointeyourtoes what a massive achievement for your dc!! Xx

Yaaaaay massive congratulations mumofaboy!!! So pleased for you and your ds x

• Like 1

Nothing from Birmingham yet...

Pointeyourtoes got a yes from Birmingham MA's but that's the only Birmingham one I've seen so far

Hmm... , only 1 email that we know about so far... Nothing here. I hope that doesn't mean that the 'yes' emails have gone out and the 'no' will follow. Anyone else waiting for Birmingham?