balletmum20

Lower School Auditions 2016

Thank you so much she gave it her best shot and I am proud of her for that, are you still waiting on y7 news I wish your dd luck xxx

Its a no for Summer School but she's on the waiting list....I assume that means she won't have gone through to finals at WL but still waiting to hear.....good luck to all still waiting xx

Sorry to hear that shy girlsmum. It was a separate application for summer school. And fingers crossed for MA results.

• Like 1

Well done on Waiting list for SS disco, fingers crossed for your WL result still to come!

• Like 1

Its a no for Summer School but she's on the waiting list....I assume that means she won't have gone through to finals at WL but still waiting to hear.....good luck to all still waiting xx

Hello discomonkfish. Don't assume that it will be a no for finals. My DD applied twice for Summer School and was never accepted. However she was lucky to be accepted into WL and completed all 5 years of lower school. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is, that non acceptance to SS, doesn't mean anything when it comes to full time training. Good luck LTD

• Like 3

A sad no for dd y7 Manchester, but a summer school place, but good luck everyone else's dc

That definitely proves the phrase 'every cloud has a silver lining' - well done to your DD for SS!

• Like 1

Waahhhh - I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day on here. I will be 'liking' in spirit from now on.  :(

• Like 2

Thank you and yes peanut58, I must admit it's been a hell of roller coaster of emotions in our house this lunchtime ???? It'll make her more determined I am sure to shine at her Elmhurst final and SS. Good luck everyone who is still waiting I'm so glad to be put out of that misery xxx

• Like 3

Hello discomonkfish. Don't assume that it will be a no for finals. My DD applied twice for Summer School and was never accepted. However she was lucky to be accepted into WL and completed all 5 years of lower school. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is, that non acceptance to SS, doesn't mean anything when it comes to full time training. Good luck LTD

One of the other mums just messaged me to say her dd hadn't got a recall, I can't remember what email address I put down so I'm frantically refreshing every 5 minutes...checking junk mail etc will be so glad when this is all over LOL!  So pleased for all who have got into Summer School they will have a fabulous time...

• Like 2

Waahhhh - I've reached my quota of positive votes for the day on here. I will be 'liking' in spirit from now on.  :(

Here have one of my Pom poms. We could do a duet.

• Like 5

Snowflake your dd has done very well to get SS. They definitely will be interested in her - so few British get places. So although disappointing for WL this year I would think overall that is very positive.

• Like 4

Just wanted to post that my DD and I are in total utter shock as she got a yes for WL finals...made all the sweeter as she didn't get through to Elmhurst finals...I posted on another thread about that and the support DD and I had from this forum was overwhelming ! Thankyou people!

• Like 15

Wow, sugarpumpkin well done to your DD, brilliant news.....still waiting to hear about my dd....I feel sick...just need to be put out of my misery.....when did you get your email?  Were you at London or Manchester? Congratulations anyway!!

• Like 1

So just Birmingham to go...I feel sick... I don't think it will be a yes but I would just like to know. Power cuts and the wifi dropping out are not helping the nerves. So will it be today or will we have to wait till the morning?  

To anyone reading this thread in future years go the first audition wherever it is the waiting is horrible!!

So just Birmingham to go...I feel sick... I don't think it will be a yes but I would just like to know. Power cuts and the wifi dropping out are not helping the nerves. So will it be today or will we have to wait till the morning?  

To anyone reading this thread in future years go the first audition wherever it is the waiting is horrible!!

I've not heard yet and neither has my friend....we were both Year 7 Manchester.....

• Like 1

Awwww Amos and balletmum20 I'm so sorry to hear of your no's :( you both clearly have very talented dd's for them to have done so well in their other auditions and I hope they both realise just how well they have done xx

Thanks Lema, DD is totally fine about it. She was so happy to get finals for Elmhurst and had said that was her first choice school before we got the result for royal anyhow. She also said, I can always try again next year if I decide I want to.

Congrats to the yeses on here!

• Like 1

Bless her, glad it hasn't upset her!! Onward and upward and best of luck for finals and at least the wait is over now for you x

Yes balletmum20 you still have lots to come!! Exciting times ahead!! Good luck to your dd I hope she does well in finals x

• Like 1

Huge congratulations sugarpumpkin on your dd's fantastic news, you'll all have a lovely day at White Lodge :)

• Like 1

Yes to WL final from London auditions, DD very happy!

• Like 1

Just got back - phew. lots of exciting finals to come for some very talented Balletco DC's and I can't wait to follow them on their journey (with my pom poms) such a big achievement to get finals (or SS places) at any of these super selective schools in any year so you should all be incredibly proud!

• Like 2