balletmum20

Lower School Auditions 2016

Thanks Anna c  - and I've just realised that my post wasn't clear I was trying to quote Amos 73 ! 

I have finally got applications in for RBS, Tring, Hammond and Elmhurst  - phew !

Edited by Twinkletoesmom
  • Like 3

Has anyone noticed the photo requirements are different on the main Rbs photo req page to the ones it then asks you to submit whilst filling in the form online? I'm totally confused now and took the photos in advance before- which do I submit? !

Has anyone noticed the photo requirements are different on the main Rbs photo req page to the ones it then asks you to submit whilst filling in the form online? I'm totally confused now and took the photos in advance before- which do I submit? !

No, I haven't seen that. What was the difference?

On the photo req page it says if 13 by aug 31 these are the photos, - there was one on pointe in the set, but when I filled the online form in it asked for the younger set of photos, one of them is side view etc

First audition date through for tring on 2 dec. All starting to feel oddly real now.

• Like 3

Can anyone tell me do ma's have to reapply for next year or do they definitely get assessed during their time there? Thanks

Got dd's dates for Tring and Hammond but nothing from Elmhurst. Has everyone else experienced Elmhurst taking longer to reply?

Edited by Boogalou

We got an email within a couple of days with a date. No timings yet. That was probably mid September.

"balletqueen

Can anyone tell me do ma's have to reapply for next year or do they definitely get assessed during their time there? Thanks

They are assessed balletqueen

Finally got audition date for Elmhurst through - Tues 19th January. So, will be RBS and Elmhurst in same week!

Exciting, yet nerve-wracking (for me probably more than DD ... )

• Like 2

After a bit of advice re audition photos, please.... (MA/WL/SS) .

Have done Dd's photos, and am really pleased with them, but in one pose, number 4- arabesque- we have 2 photos to choose from. In one, her top half is better than the bottom, and in the other, her bottom half is better than top!!

Both photos are great overall , what i'm wondering is can i send both versions in? Or which one would your experienced hive mind suggest would be the better........ ?

Oh, and to add, Dd prefers one, I prefer the other.

And current time restrictions mean i can't really ask dd's teacher for advice.

Thanking you in advance! ????

Don't think you can send both! I would say work out what the important aspects of the photo are, e.g. turn out of legs, posture, neck/chin angle, arms, and see which photo has more of those aspects looking best?

". In one, her top half is better than the bottom, and in the other, her bottom half is better than top!! "

I would suggest looking at the other half of the photos ie the weaker half - so cover up the top of one with a piece of paper and the bottom of the other and then compare to see which one you prefer

Though actually if you think both are good overall I doubt it really matters as either would be acceptable.

• Like 2

I really don't think it will make any difference which one you send but sending two might just make them wonder why and look a bit more closely for faults! Actually I would go with your dds choice as I have learnt over the years that they actually know a lot more than we give them credit for even at such a young age. Also this would prevent the situation where if she doesn't get in she says to you ' I told you we should have sent the other photo'!

• Like 3

Spooky I have to agree with everything you said about photos and yes Dd always knows best!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your sanity in my audition madness! Yes- i will go with dd's choice ( which is better legs) - there really isn't much difference between the two photos, which is why it was such a dilemma. ( or it was for me, anyway!)

Thank you all very much. ????

• Like 3

Is anyone else going to the Tring open day tomorrow?

Originally my son only wanted to audition for White Lodge and Elmhurst but we registered for the open day at Tring tomorrow because I felt it was important for him to keep his options open. Hammond is too far away for us.

However, subsequently my wife and I decided to apply for Tring anyway, which we have done. We have the audition date through, and suggested to my son that he needn't go to the open day but he still wants to go. I think the allure of a "sandwich lunch in the Mansion" is a major factor!

• Like 1

Hi Neil. I will be there tomorrow with my DD. She is currently in Yr 5 but wanted to take a look at Tring this year to rule it in or out for applications for next year.