Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

Has anyone noticed the photo requirements are different on the main Rbs photo req page to the ones it then asks you to submit whilst filling in the form online? I'm totally confused now and took the photos in advance before- which do I submit? !

No, I haven't seen that. What was the difference?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of advice re audition photos, please.... (MA/WL/SS) .

Have done Dd's photos, and am really pleased with them, but in one pose, number 4- arabesque- we have 2 photos to choose from. In one, her top half is better than the bottom, and in the other, her bottom half is better than top!!

Both photos are great overall , what i'm wondering is can i send both versions in? Or which one would your experienced hive mind suggest would be the better........ ?

Oh, and to add, Dd prefers one, I prefer the other.

And current time restrictions mean i can't really ask dd's teacher for advice.

Thanking you in advance! ????

". In one, her top half is better than the bottom, and in the other, her bottom half is better than top!! "

I would suggest looking at the other half of the photos ie the weaker half - so cover up the top of one with a piece of paper and the bottom of the other and then compare to see which one you prefer

Though actually if you think both are good overall I doubt it really matters as either would be acceptable.

• Like 2

I really don't think it will make any difference which one you send but sending two might just make them wonder why and look a bit more closely for faults! Actually I would go with your dds choice as I have learnt over the years that they actually know a lot more than we give them credit for even at such a young age. Also this would prevent the situation where if she doesn't get in she says to you ' I told you we should have sent the other photo'!

• Like 3

Is anyone else going to the Tring open day tomorrow?

Originally my son only wanted to audition for White Lodge and Elmhurst but we registered for the open day at Tring tomorrow because I felt it was important for him to keep his options open. Hammond is too far away for us.

However, subsequently my wife and I decided to apply for Tring anyway, which we have done. We have the audition date through, and suggested to my son that he needn't go to the open day but he still wants to go. I think the allure of a "sandwich lunch in the Mansion" is a major factor!

• Like 1

The funny thing about my son is that he is super focused on ballet as a profession.. but for his Tring audition solo is going to perform a modern dance.

I don't think he really know what he wants...and I can sympathise as I am the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading all the threads so far.

My DS has his Elmhurst audition next week on November 3rd and was wondering if he should wear shorts or tights? He is auditioning for year 7. Do they have a preference? Any advice appreciated!