Upcoming DVD/Blu-ray Releases

On 19/07/2020 at 14:29, Stevie said:

This was one of those I enjoyed most. I wish it was for sale on Blu-ray, although streaming has been invaluable in the lockdown, I do like to have them on the shelf, to watch at  a time to suit.

There is another version of La Esmiralda currently showing on youtube. I believe it is Olga Polyanskaya and Valery Ryzhov. It is reasonable quality although not HD

Edited by Jan McNulty
Edited by JMcN to remove YouTube link

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Stevie said:

The Dante Project, Royal Ballet, is now listed on Amazon on DVD and Blu-Ray. Release date not yet advised but should be a treat for Ed Watson supporters.

The tiny print said 27 Jan 2023

For any Lauren Cuthbertson fans who don't already have them, Opus Art has repackaged her Two Pigeons and The Cellist 

Cellist / Two Pigeons [Region Free]: Amazon.co.uk: Lauren Cuthbertson, Matthew Ball, Marcelino Sambé, Emma Lucano, Cathy Marstiin, Frederick Ashton: DVD & Blu-ray

On 04/12/2022 at 16:09, oncnp said:

The tiny print said 27 Jan 2023

For any Lauren Cuthbertson fans who don't already have them, Opus Art has repackaged her Two Pigeons and The Cellist 

Cellist / Two Pigeons [Region Free]: Amazon.co.uk: Lauren Cuthbertson, Matthew Ball, Marcelino Sambé, Emma Lucano, Cathy Marstiin, Frederick Ashton: DVD & Blu-ray

I do wish that they would release a DVD Blu-ray of Cuthbertson's Swan Lake.  I thought she was wonderful in it.  Are there going to be no other cast DVD releases of Swan Lake, just Nunez and Muntigirov?

• Like 1

With two Royal Ballet releases of Swan Lake by Nunez, one by Osipova and an early version with Makarova, it would be understandable if they decided that this particular ballet was already well served by DVD releases, when compared with the many other productions in their repertoire, many of which have not had a previous release.

3 hours ago, Fiona said:

I do wish that they would release a DVD Blu-ray of Cuthbertson's Swan Lake.  I thought she was wonderful in it.  Are there going to be no other cast DVD releases of Swan Lake, just Nunez and Muntigirov?

I asked customer services this last summer and was told no more as the Nunez/Muntagirov one was quite recent. I was not impressed but hope last summer's cinema relay will be on the new streaming service soon?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Linnzi5 said:

I asked customer services this last summer and was told no more as the Nunez/Muntagirov one was quite recent. I was not impressed but hope last summer's cinema relay will be on the new streaming service soon?

As an alternative for 'Swan Lakers', Google arts are currently streaming the Yanowski performance, which I recall was very good.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m3fPj3EunHGLTXq_HoWVNY-o2OcXlCMU/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Stevie said:

Opus Arte Ad. for DVD & Blu-Ray

Surprised to see a trailer focusing only on the last part of the ballet, which I thought was probably the least interesting.  No leaping dancers from the end of Inferno?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevie said:

I don't know this ballet at all, so I guess that if the trailer shown is the least interesting, then I am in for a big feast ?

Yes, it's brilliant in my opinion: very explosive at the end of Act 1, calmer but extremely emotive in Act 2, and very abstract yet gripping in Act 3.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, so do Europadisc and ebay, have it up for pre order, but just my luck that I have an Amazon voucher which I have been keeping back for just such an event. I am questioning if there is a problem with the release date with Amazon not listing it yet for pre order. It would usually have been available before now.

• 2 weeks later...

Presumably out by now:

"THE DANTE PROJECT

Wayne McGregor's latest award-winning ballet, in collaboration with artist Tacita Dean and composer Thomas Adès, takes inspiration from Dante's epic journey through the afterlife, The Divine Comedy. Just released on DVD and Blu-ray, enjoy this world premiere recording, starring former Principal dancer Edward Watson, from the comfort of home."

1 hour ago, alison said:

Presumably out by now:

"THE DANTE PROJECT

Wayne McGregor's latest award-winning ballet, in collaboration with artist Tacita Dean and composer Thomas Adès, takes inspiration from Dante's epic journey through the afterlife, The Divine Comedy. Just released on DVD and Blu-ray, enjoy this world premiere recording, starring former Principal dancer Edward Watson, from the comfort of home."

The answer to Alison's question is that it is not out as yet,  Some suppliers in France, UK and Germany are taking orders with a potential supply of between 11th and 15th February. Hopeful rather than confirmed, since no one appears to have it in stock. Amazon are not showing it in stock for themselves and are cautiously not taking pre orders.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/12/2022 at 13:14, art_enthusiast said:

Yes, it's brilliant in my opinion: very explosive at the end of Act 1, calmer but extremely emotive in Act 2, and very abstract yet gripping in Act 3.

I ordered the Dante Project on Blu-Ray from Rarewaves.com.  I hadn't ordered directly from their website before, but for comparison it was £25.23 with free p&p for the blu-ray and shipped from their warehouse in Rushden U.K., despatched in 2 days and delivered in one week.