Jump to content
charliewise

Upcoming DVD/Blu-ray Releases

Recommended Posts

I've just seen on Amazon that on 27 July a DVD/Blu-Ray of Ashton ballets will be released, I was thinking please let it be Daphnis and Chloe, but it's still pretty good, M and A with Yanovsky/Bolle, and The Dream and Symphonic Variations!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What?   They said they weren't going to release that one - didn't even take a backup recording of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/06/2018 at 15:43, Beryl H said:

I've just seen on Amazon that on 27 July a DVD/Blu-Ray of Ashton ballets will be released, I was thinking please let it be Daphnis and Chloe, but it's still pretty good, M and A with Yanovsky/Bolle, and The Dream and Symphonic Variations!

 

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 12.16.26 am.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have finally found this on Amazon and pre-ordered mine.

 

Many thanks for the 'heads up' warning.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, fantastic! Definitely buying this. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Two Pigeons said:

I have finally found this on Amazon and pre-ordered mine.

 

Many thanks for the 'heads up' warning.

 

 

 

 

 

It's very hot and my brain is fuzzy but I can't find the pre-order link.  Can anyone help please? 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Anna C said:

 

It's very hot and my brain is fuzzy but I can't find the pre-order link.  Can anyone help please? 😩

 

Blu-ray

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ashton-Ballets-Various-OABD7240D-Blu-ray/dp/B07DSJ678R/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1530448983&sr=1-1

 

 

DVD 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ashton-Ballets-Various-Opus-OA1264D/dp/B07DSJ666F/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1530448983&sr=1-1

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy about this release! I'm buying it for Symphonic Variations - one of my favourite ever ballets - and with this dream cast. Heaven! Can't wait for it to arrive......😍

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One worthy entry to any wish list is the Ballet DVD,  'Eve Ruggieri Raconte Carmina Burana - Carl Orf'. I don't know of another Ballet version on DVD, although the Birmingham Royal Ballet, David Bintley production, is very good live, but no DVD. I purchased from ebayfr. for under £10, with unbelievable next day delivery from France to UK. It is performed by the National Opera Ballet and Orchestra of the Ukraine. You can see my review on Amazon.

 

 

Eve Ruggieri Raconte Carmina Burana Carl Orff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/07/2018 at 23:55, Vanartus said:

Any update on Woolf Works DVD?

I have it on my hard drive, from BBCTV Broadcast. Royal ballet were supposed to have  sold rights to independent distributor so can't advise. It looks extremely doubtful that it will now be released. The trail is cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the middle of recording it when my DVD recorder failed, so I've no idea whether it actually recorded or not :(   Plus I think I was watching something on another channel, so I never even got to see it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be some sort of curse on Woolf Works. I recorded it on my hard disc, then transferred it to DVD and somehow managed to lose a chunk of Act2, so I don't get to see Eric Underwood in his gold outfit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

There must be some sort of curse on Woolf Works. I recorded it on my hard disc, then transferred it to DVD and somehow managed to lose a chunk of Act2, so I don't get to see Eric Underwood in his gold outfit!

 

Oh dear, we can't have that.....a snap from my own recording

 

29664070838_57a4919eb8_o.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/07/2018 at 00:25, alison said:

I was in the middle of recording it when my DVD recorder failed, so I've no idea whether it actually recorded or not :(   Plus I think I was watching something on another channel, so I never even got to see it ...

Well that's what friends are for. But a really good friend would have send you a copy on disc. 😈

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like two more ballet releases are coming up. 

 

A new recording of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" on August 31st https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FS6YQ53/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

A recording of Paris Opera Ballet dancing Alexander Ekman's "Play" on September 14th  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FSFPF9P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, barton22 said:

Looks like two more ballet releases are coming up. 

 

A new recording of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" on August 31st https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FS6YQ53/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

A recording of Paris Opera Ballet dancing Alexander Ekman's "Play" on September 14th  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FSFPF9P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

 

 

 

 

The earlier recording has Zenaida Yanowsky as 'The Queen of Hearts'. As good as she is, Laura Morera, nor anyone else, was never going to have the perfect comedy timing of the role. So if you don't have a version, buy the earlier version with Zanaida, she made this role her own. Apart from that role its pretty equal. I have the earlier one and having seen the later version in Cinema, can categorically say that  it brings nothing new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks as though it was the version broadcast last year, which presumably means it's the 3-act version rather than the original version, so there is that difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...