I'm afraid the ROH booking system also makes me horribly aware of the class system in this country that I usually don't have to confront. I know they hold some seats back, but I can't help but feel that by the time the booking has been opened to friends, special friends, extra special friends and friend of friends (you know what I mean), that as one of the general public we have to be happy with the floor sweepings. I know the answer would be to become a friend, but I can hardly afford the visits I make as it is. I have nothing against the friends themselves,they are obviously very important to the ROH. It just makes me, who comes 120 miles many times a year, and gets the last coach home at midnight, feel not as important to the ROH as an acquaintance of mine who is a friend, but never comes.

So true. I felt a huge anguish this morning knowing that at 9 am when the booking opened I was stuck at work and banned from using any personal computer devices. Really, if the ROH are going to call it 'general public booking' they should at least open it at a time that gives more people more of a chance. You know, like 6 am on a weekday, midnight even (I'd stay up!).

Actually I work shifts over 7 days so it would still be a lottery for me whether I could log on!! Anyway, all hope is lost for me to see Muntagirov/Osipova in R & J, as no decent tickets left for the one performance I can actually attend, due to my rota. I console myself not remotely unhappily by booking 2 lots of BRB Romeo and Juliet in Birmingham, which is the MacMillan version, and which I know will be fabulously danced, even though I don't know the cast, as it is with BRB, who don't announce casts until about 1/2 weeks in advance. And there's also ENB R&J in Manchester, which I have just booked a front row seat for, even though booking opened eons ago. No stress getting a seat there.....

I adore and love the Royal Ballet and will happily travel from Nottingham to see them, even though it is a huge expense. But personally, of late I have come to feel that the stress of trying to get a decent ticket is too much. And I can't really justify huge train fare plus possible overnight stay if I'm not in a 100% view seat.

I am most happy for all those here on the forum who have a Muntagirov/Osipova R&J ticket! I vow not to be jealous at all! (but heavens do I wish that was the one that was being filmed....!)

Meanwhile, I'll stay up here up north!!!  ;) We have fab shows up here too!!  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Well no prizes for guessing the hot ballet tickets of the season. I had a meeting this morning so wasn't able to log on until lunch time when there was only one good Osipova/Muntagirov Saturday ticket in amphi. I snapped it up but have never paid so much for one ticket before and am very jealous of those who managed to get stalls circle standing. Stalls and grand tier all sold out and one ticket in the balcony. Why did management not forsee this tremendous interest in this potential partnership and film it for the cinema? So many ballet enthusiasts won't be able to get tickets or make the journey to London. However, managed to get cheaper tickets for Hayward's Romeo and Mcrae's 2 Pigeons and Vadim's Nutcracker in January so some small consolation.

• Like 1

I booked tickets on my phone (had to sneak into the toilets at work to do it!), but got that blessed error message about five times before managing to get to the right page. Then had to contend with slow Wi-Fi connection that left me sweating over possibly not managing to get the few tickets left before they went. Much swearing at my phone, and for some reason shaking it, as if that would help! Finally got what I wanted but I agree, it's always so stressful, and why oh why did they settle on 9a.m. to open booking??

• Like 3

Just to annoy us, I think.  And to make it more stressful for all the poor people who have to be on the move at that time of day, wondering if their trains will be delayed to such an extent that they won't be able to get online somewhere reliable in time.

• Like 2

Never underestimate the Kaufmann effect! Not even J.K. could tempt me back to yet another run of this rather pedestrian Carmen although I did succumb to the wonderful Anna Caterina Antonacci last time round. Did you get your Kaufmann tickets, Penelope?

Yes, I got one.  I have never seen him before so decided it was a must-buy!  Have you seen him?

Nagdhi/Ball recommended  :)

Thanks for that I will.  Has anyone seen Salenko and Macrae together?  Las year saw Watson and Hayward in Manon and it was a wonderful combination.  I do hope they will bring back Mayerling whilst EW is still at the height of his powers.  His first night is still one of the great experiences of my life.

• Like 1

So true. I felt a huge anguish this morning knowing that at 9 am when the booking opened I was stuck at work and banned from using any personal computer devices. Really, if the ROH are going to call it 'general public booking' they should at least open it at a time that gives more people more of a chance. You know, like 6 am on a weekday, midnight even (I'd stay up!).

I agree, it would be nice if a time or day outside of office working hours could be used to open booking. I guess it would put some pressure on the box-office staff who need to be around to handle problems, but it is only a few days out of the whole year.

• Like 2

Thanks for that I will.  Has anyone seen Salenko and Macrae together?  Las year saw Watson and Hayward in Manon and it was a wonderful combination.  I do hope they will bring back Mayerling whilst EW is still at the height of his powers.  His first night is still one of the great experiences of my life.

I saw Salenko/McRae in Swan Lake a few months ago, and they are indeed a lovely partnership.  I will be interested to see how she interprets Juliet.  Having seen Obraztsova with McRae last time around, I don't see how that can be improved upon, but who knows?!!

• Like 2

I agree, it would be nice if a time or day outside of office working hours could be used to open booking. I guess it would put some pressure on the box-office staff who need to be around to handle problems, but it is only a few days out of the whole year.

And customers should come first after all.

Well, they tried 8 o'clock recently and lots of people complained. You can't please all the people all the time.

I suggest those who don't like 9 o'clock provide feedback to ROH - box office email address is on the website.

But, BBB, Sunrise was suggesting weekend booking which might prove to be the answer in terms of suiting more people.

But, BBB, Sunrise was suggesting weekend booking which might prove to be the answer in terms of suiting more people.

Sunrise suggested "a time or day outside of office working hours"; that's not just the weekend. Not sure how that impacts my suggestion that people provide feedback to ROH.

I have finally sorted out my tickets bought in a panic at 9.00am Tues! I have decided to go with the seat I bought, so I have this standing ticket spare for Osipova Muntagirov. The reason this is on this thread and not on tickets for sale, is because I feel awful for those who have mentioned their technical problems in this thread, so it would be nice if one of them could have it.

Item Quantity Total

Romeo and Juliet

Thursday 1 October 2015, 7.30pm | Main Stage

Stalls Circle Left, D-1 | £11.00 - Full Price (Standing Place), view obstructed by pillar, not suitable for people of short stature

The only thing is, I always have my tickets held at the box office, so how does it normally work, with payment and collection of ticket?

Nottsballetlover which is the one performance of R and J you can go to?

My ticket booked so easily is for Thursday October 1st HOWEVER there is a chance that I may end up being on holiday after all on this date in which case will reluctantly have to sell!

Nottsballetlover which is the one performance of R and J you can go to?

My ticket booked so easily is for Thursday October 1st HOWEVER there is a chance that I may end up being on holiday after all on this date in which case will reluctantly have to sell!

I'm afraid 1st October is not the one I can attend! I can only do 26 Sept or possibly wangle a day off for 11 November. Thanks for your kind thoughts though and hope you work out both your holiday and chosen performances!!