Erik Bruhn speaks 40 years on ..

Many years ago we were all much younger.

On this occasion I was just past my 19th birthday.   (I will be 60 tomorrow).  

During this period - when I was beginning to pursue my graduate studies in Canada (having just escaped from England) - I did many interviews.  The first was one of the last interviews Hitchcock ever gave.  Amongst my most cherished memories was a session with the balletic legend that was ERIK BRUHN.

Recently I was clearing out my flat (an ever endless activity) and I found this tape at the bottom of a box.   

I thought a few here might be interested. 

I will remove this link shortly from our published web space as it takes up far, FAR too much acreage.  

http://www.lswproductions.co.uk/B.mp3

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 6

Gosh what a discovery Bruce! When I clear out my flat all I find are biscuit crumbs and dust! I have listened to the first few minutes but have to go to bed now...how long does it last in total? Please leave it up for a couple of days so we get the time to sit and listen properly! Thanks so much for sharing this here.

Meanwhile, may I wish you a very Happy 60th, with many more years of ballet-going to come! :)

Gosh what a discovery Bruce! When I clear out my flat all I find are biscuit crumbs and dust! I have listened to the first few minutes but have to go to bed now...how long does it last in total? Please leave it up for a couple of days so we get the time to sit and listen properly! Thanks so much for sharing this here.

Meanwhile, may I wish you a very Happy 60th, with many more years of ballet-going to come! :)

Sim, it lasts one hour and fifty four seconds.  Again, thanks to all for your kind regards.  Bless you.  

• Like 1