Decisions Decisions

w445403

Why does everything come in threes - sigh! In 3 weeks time we have a second auditon for Birmingham CAT, Hammond Associates and an Oliver rehearsal - which to do :wacko: My head hurts lol

What we should do (IMHO)

1 CAT 11.30 - 6.00

2 Hammond 10.30 - 3.45

3 Oliver rehearsal 2.00 - 500

What I want to do (but that's just me lol) Hammond

DS Choice ????

Timings and distance all clash - even bigger sigh

Now got to discuss with DS - even bigger headache

Any one got a time machine I can borrow lol

Edited because it kept looking peculiar

Edited by w445403

Contact all them all and explain your dilemma. Maybe one of them can be a bit flexible.

Is Hammond an audition, or an Associate class?

And is it possible to miss one Oliver rehearsal?

The CAT audtion is all timetabled with interviews etc and Hammond is an Associate class so not too bad to miss one. Oliver isn't unitl October so there's plenty of time to catch up. Realistically we should go to the CAT second audtion as that has the most potential for DS's dancing.

I think I've answered my own question :)

• Like 4

Is the Oliver rehearsal for a professional show? It is usually a no no to miss any rehearsals so I would be sure to seriously ok this with the show team. You might be able to have your CAT interview at an earlier time and shoot off to make the rehearsal. I think the CAT panel would be pleased with your DS commitment to a project. Just a thought? That said, if your DS isn't needed too much for that rehearsal they may be flexible.

• Like 2

In the end there is no decison to be made! DS just home after surgery to remove his appendix - two weeks off school, six weeks of no physical activites but, after negotiation, agreement that he might be able to do some barre work after 4 weeks :(

If I was you I would get in touch with the CAT and explain why he cannot go to the second audition to see if they can see him later. Maybe join in class in a couple of months time? They may even be prepared to consider him on the basis of his first audition.

• Like 3

Oh that's a shame. It's possible you just got through to an admin person who is more used to people withdrawing through choice.

I would follow up with an email explaining how disappointed your son is and ask if there is any other way he can be considered as this was clearly beyond your control. whether he could attend at a later date, even just join in with a class one day or perhaps send a DVD of his dancing.

• Like 3

Gosh, yes, I wouldn't leave it at that. It would definitely be worth another phone call or email to the Head of the CAT scheme to explain that actually you don't just want your DS taken off the list, and asking what the possibilities are for auditioning at a later date?

• Like 1

I've sent an email asking if they will still consider him, maybe see him at a later date, so I'll have to see what happens!

Thanks so much for all your suggestions, good wishes and suppport. Where would we be without this forum :)

• Like 6