Anyone else here a tennis fan?

Fiz

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

well done to Ch4 for getting the coverage of Emma Raducanu's final.

Yes, better than anyone managed for Andy Murray's first slam title in 2012.

58 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Wow that was an edge of the seat match two fantastic young players but Emma keeping pretty cool as the crowd pretty much on Fernandez side for this match!!

I'm not sure the crowd were particularly on Fernandez' side, rather that they wanted to see more tennis?

6 hours ago, alison said:

I'm not sure the crowd were particularly on Fernandez' side, rather that they wanted to see more tennis?

Fernandez supporters far outnumbered those shouting for our Emma (see, it's 'our Emma' already! lol)

28 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Imagine waking up this morning a bit groggy in a hotel bed, with a bandage on your leg and a trophy on the pillow. And a bit of crumpled paper next to the kettle with some writing on it starting with $2,5…

yes, the £1.8m boost to the bank balance won't hurt will it! 🙂

Plus of course, the mad scramble of lucrative sponsorships deservedly heading her way

• Like 2

Not at all bad. Nor are the accolades from Evert, Navratilova et al. Or the “sky’s the limit” predictions for future earnings. And who could resist her unaffected admission that she had no clue what would happen next, no care in the world, that she was just loving life. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel a bit queasy about the amount of focusing on her potential earnings in the past 24 hours.  It seems to cheapen her achievement somehow.

That said, if she's not an advert for the benefits (professionally speaking, here) of learning a second language, I don't know who is!

• Like 2