Royal Ballet School Linbury Performances 2015

I thought that it might be helpful to put on here a list of items in the RBS show last night which will be repeated tonight and on Saturday:

La Bayadere: Waltz and Pas D'Action

Third Movement (Scarlett to Rachmaninov for White Lodge students)

Sleeping Beauty Pas de Quatre (MacMillan)

Sechs Tanze (Kylian to Mozart)

Swan Lake Waltz (Bintley)

Chanson (Deane to Canteloube)

Quia Contra (Arianna Maldini 1st prize Ursula Moreton Choreographic Award)

Rush (Wheeldon to Martinu)

The finishing time was about 9.45pm.

For anyone attending this particular show the Sechs Tanze, which is new to me, was absolutely amazing. I was in row D so had a fantastic view of the dancing which was outstanding and so funny. I hope they include this in the Matinee performance on the big stage.

I found it hard to believe that this was a student performance as the whole company was fantastic. Great show, well done to all involved.

• Like 2

For anyone attending this particular show the Sechs Tanze, which is new to me, was absolutely amazing. I was in row D so had a fantastic view of the dancing which was outstanding and so funny. I hope they include this in the Matinee performance on the big stage.

It will be performed in the Main Stage Matinee.  (There is a good recording of it on the recently reissued dvd/blu ray of Kylian's Black and White Ballets on the Arthaus label.)

• Like 2

There is one small change for tonight's performance which I am aware of. Instead of Quia Contra, it will be "Let my people go" which was the second place prize in Ursula Moreton, choreographed by Joseph Sissons.

It will be performed in the Main Stage Matinee.  (There is a good recording of it on the recently reissued dvd/blu ray of Kylian's Black and White Ballets on the Arthaus label.)

Thanks for that Barton22, I went on to Amazon and bought the last copy they had.

Was Joseph Sissons dancing in his piece? Such talent!

There is a Joseph Sissens in the 2nd year in the Upper School. He danced in the Pas de Quatre from Sleeping Beauty and the Waltz from Swan Lake. I recall him in the former and he looked the real deal. Nothing of his was danced.

Edited by SPD444

Are yes that would be him because he can only be about 17? I saw him at a Yorkshire Ballet Summer School a couple of years ago and heard that he was going to RBS. He was a lovely dancer anyway.

But obviously not the same one who created the choreography then!!

Edited by LinMM

I saw this tonight and agree, it is huge fun & it was brilliantly performed by all dancers. Fantastic news that it will be performed in the Matinee on 12th July as well.

Yes, Joseph Sissens choreographed "Let my people go" which is being performed tonight (Thursday) but wasn't on Wednesday when I was their.

This piece is enormously impressive and was very convincingly performed by the three dancers tonight.

• Like 2

I can't get there tonight angel but I am desperate for a ticket for tomorrow's matinee - been trying the box office constantly for a week and keep missing out. If you hear of any going spare, would really appreciate it if you could point them in this direction. Thanks

Superb matinee performance today & congratulations to all the dancers.

The highlights for me, also choreographically, were "Let my people go" (as already on Wednesday) and "Third Movement". The latter included dancers from years 8 to 11, and it was really enjoyable to see how Liam Scarlett brought together dancers of different age groups in the same piece, providing each age group with specific dance movements.

I was there for Saturday's evening performance and LOVED it!!! Sechs Tanze was my favourite too, absolutely hilarious. Also really enjoyed the Scarlett piece for the White Lodgers - would love to know who the principle couple were in this as it wasn't given on the casting sheet. Rush fell a bit flat for me but I don't think it was the fault of the dancers. It just seemed rather disjointed. The future definitely looks bright.

• Like 1

Hi newballetfan

Wasn'the Scarlett's piece beautiful? The lead male in the evening was Will Osborne and I will find out the name of the female lead. I know they are both fabulous. My son danced the lead in the matinee which was amazing to see. He appeared way beyond his 16 years!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...