Royal Ballet Promotions, Joiners and Leavers, 2015/16

I think all the evidence points to the fact that is probably NOT supposition, Bill!  No company would pay a guest dancer to come and dance a role for no reason other than the high-profile, principal partner wants him/her to come in and dance.  If there are no injuries or illness to dancers within the company who are available to dance a certain role, and who have partnered the dancer before, why bring in someone else at considerable expense?  And things aren't always supposition;  there are many things we aren't allowed to say in public.

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

The February edition of Dancing Times says that Leanne Cope has now resigned from the Royal Ballet in order to pursue a career on Broadway.

Apologies if this is something which everyone is already aware of but it was news to me and I shall miss her on the ROH stage.

• Like 5

I wasn't aware of it either: I'm very sorry we shan't see her again (I missed her in Two Pigeons), but obviously it looks like the logical thing to do career-wise.

Yes indeed. I had wondered whether she would make what does seem an obvious jump given the level of her Broadway success. I only hope that she and the production come to London and before too long.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Tierney Heap is now listed on the ROH website as a First Artist yet I do not recall her being promoted last summer or there having been any subsequent announcement. Her online RB CV doesn't mention it either.

A just reward for her Carmen and Myrthe if she has, indeed, been promoted.

Maybe Twitter followers on here have some light they could shed?

Edited by capybara

• 1 month later...