Corsaire Workshop ENB

Bellini Pointe

I was wondering this one too. I did book it, but then realised it was on the same day as our LAB Gala dress rehearsal. I wonder if you didn’t do the Le Corsaire Workshop were you at the same rehearsal as me?.

I was really sad to have missed this one, as I did Le Corsaire with ENB at Oxford two years ago and that was the best ever workshop I have done with ENB. There we did two scenes the first I cant really recall, but the second was the dance of the three Odileques. We danced the first minute or so of it, we learnt to dance it from opposite corners as a group then finally we danced it with a partner from the opposite corner as a duet, with that I fell in love with the Le Corsaire ballet.

ENB are running another Le Corsaire workshop on the 17th January, I have already booked it.

Hi Michelle I wasn't at the Gala rehearsal sadly as I live too far from London to attend LAB on a regular basis.I would love it if someone could think of starting something similar here in Manchester - there would be no shortage of Dancers wanting to join !

Thank you for telling me of your experience of the Corsaire workshop, that was very helpful.I saw their production the last time they came to Manchester and loved it not to mention watching a Company Class too !

I have booked onto the Corsaire and Swan Lake upcoming workshops which I am really looking forward to.Might do the Nutcracker one too !

I did the ENB Swan Lake workshop at the Coliseum in January which was most enjoyable.The act 2 number 13 waltz was taught with the unusual ending of the sole male dancer taking the role of Rothbart and us swans angrily pointing at him !

• Like 1

I did the Nutcracker one and the rather unnerving thing was that at the end when we did our final rendition of Snowflakes the company dancers were arriving for their class(which we later watched) and were warming up and standing around off stage!!

Same thing happened with Swan Lake Lin and I must say I felt the same way at first! Mind you they did seem quite friendly towards us!

I am always in awe watching the Company Class especially when they get into the Allegro in the centre towards the end.Such fabulously talented Dancers !

• Like 1

Hi Ballini Pointe

Unfortunately I was too late to book the last ENB Swan Lake workshop, but like LinMM I did do the Nutcracker workshop (Dance of the Snowflakes) , but I didn’t get chance to see the company class, I had a quick coffee after the rep session then I was on my way back up north as I was performing something from Coppelia at one of my Ballet Schools shows at Lincoln that evening.

I know ENB have some very talented dancers, I often get to see the tail end of their rehearsals on Monday evening before our classes start at ENB.

I have already booked Nutcracker, Le Corsaire and Swan Lake in the round. The Swan Lake workshop is a full day event, so I have no idea how they will treat that.

In the past for Swan Lake I have danced most of Act 2, with some of act 1, 3 and 4.

As for my original ENB Le Corsaire workshop at Oxford, watch the Bolshoi video to 1.14, imagine two dancers dancing on opposite feet coming from opposite diagonals then only dancing on half of the stage each and at the end using pose turns to arrive together in the centre of the stage with their front feet pointing together in tendu, arms fourth, ending in a truly symmetrical pose.

• Like 1