Boys only RAD associates Birmingham

Happymum

• 3 weeks later...

My DDs have both done the associate classes and enjoyed them - no DS for personal experience of the boys only classes.  Boys only seem reasonably well attended and cover quite a wide age range.  Several of the boys do attend the boys only class as well as a grade class.  Forms have just gone out for the next set of sessions - they run in batches of 4 - one Sunday a month and are held at either Elmhurst or BRB studios in Birmingham.  The organiser is very helpful and would I'm sure be able to answer any questions you may have.  Between my DDs we been part of the associates since they started and I know a lot of the boys return time after time and new ones start so they presumably are happy there.  Keep an eye out for workshops and Insight Days run by Birmingham Royal Ballet also as they often have boys only sessions.

• Like 1

Hi Happymum,

I've just been on the Tring Park website and the Kick-Start programme is happening next year! I think details must have only just gone up. Sadly my recently started but very keen DS will be too young. It says 8+ .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my son started these classes at Easter this year, they are brilliant. The teachers and organisers very helpful and friendly as my son was nervous and lacked in confidence as the other boys were higher grades than him. We have booked again for Sept. He attends RBS Associates in London. He says these classes are completely different to his classes locally and in London. I think they do a deal for the graded class after if you do the boys ballet one.

Hopefully see you in Sept!!