Regional Youth Ballet Auditions

REGIONAL YOUTH BALLET AUDITIONS - SWINDON
We are looking for talented dancers for our auditions at The Wyvern Theatre on Thursday 25th June 2015 for a production of 'Les Sylphides' in September.  Juniors (7-11yrs)  at 4.30pm and Seniors (12-18yrs) at 6.30pm.  Audition fee £15.  Call the office 07563 965082 to register or you can just turn up and register.  For further information email: angela.evington@regionalyouthballet.com

Also looking for dancers for the auditions in Whitley Bay at the Playhouse Theatre on Wednesday 1st July 2015.

• Like 1

I received the following information by email last month from RYB regarding the Whitley Bay Auditions / Performance, hope this helps:

Auditions will take place on Wednesday 1st July  2015 at the Playhouse Theatre, Whitley Bay

Ages 8-11yrs  4.30 - 6.00pm      Ages 12-18yrs   6.30 - 8.00pm

PERFORMANCE AND REHEARSAL DATES

The performance will take place on 13th and 14th November 2015 (3 performances). There is an on stage tech rehearsal on Monday 9th November.  Rehearsals are scheduled on weekends in Oct/Nov 2015.  These dates will be issued in full to those who are offered places. We will try to help any students involved in Associate programmes, as authorised absence is at the discretion of the Director.

• Like 1

Thanks Quest for posting the information.   The Whitley Bay auditions are filling up fast we can have walk in registration but we cannot guarantee seeing everyone if numbers go over the theater's limits.  . If you would like to guarantee a place at the audition please book in by calling the RYB office.   STILL LOOKING FOR STRONG POINTE WORK STUDENTS FOR SOLO PARTS.   

There are still places for tomorrows audition at The Wyvern Theatre, SWINDON.   Call to book.  Seem to have a gap here for strong 7-11yr group.....

We would like to wish all the dancers the best of luck and remember to enjoy the experience. 

REGIONAL YOUTH BALLET are holding auditions for a production of 'LES SYLPHIDES AND OTHER CLASSICS'  on stage at The Playhouse Theatre, Whitley Bay on WEDNESDAY 1ST JULY 2015.   Juniors at 4.30 -  Ages 7-11 and Seniors at 6.30pm  Ages 12-18yrs.    You can register for a place or for further information  on 07563 965082 or you can register on the day at the theatre.

Audition fee £15.00.   We are looking for all ages and abilities to join us for this performance experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Regional Youth Ballet are looking for boy and girl classical ballet dancers ages 7-18yrs of age for a production of 'Les Sylphides' in September at the Wyvern Theatre,Swindon.    We are holding private auditions during the next 2 weeks in the area.  If you would like further information or to book an audition please call the office on the number below or email angela.evington@tiscali.co.uk.

Regional Youth Ballet are looking for boy and girl classical ballet dancers ages 7-18yrs of age for a production of 'Les Sylphides' in September at the Wyvern Theatre,Swindon.    We are holding private auditions during the next 2 weeks in the area.  If you would like further information or to book an audition please call the office on the number below or email angela.evington@tiscali.co.uk.

Hello Regional Youth Ballet,

Instead of starting new threads for each audition, it is much easier for people to find information if it is all in one place, so I have merged the thread you started on 6th July with this one. If you could post updates here, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Anna

WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR  TALENTED YOUNG BALLET DANCERS AGES 7-18YRS TO JOIN US FOR OUR PRODUCTION IN SWINDON AT THE WYVERN THEATRE IN SEPTEMBER.

AUDITIONS TOMORROW THURSDAY 23RD JULY AT UNIT 19-29, FOREST GATE INDUSTRIAL PARK, PEWSHAM, CHIPPENHAM. SN15 3RS AT 2.00PM.

AUDITION FEE £10.00

SUCCESSFUL DANCERS MUST BE PREPARED TO STAY UNTIL 6.00PM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not speak highly enough of Regional Youth Ballet. My dd had the most amazing time and the performance was stunning. Expectations are high and Angela gives her dancers a real flavour of the joys and responsibilities of being a company member. I really loved the fact that the company consisted entirely of young dancers and we saw some amazing youngsters dancing with incredible skill and charisma. Definitely worth giving it a go. Thank you, Angela.

There is no website as yet, as far as I am aware. And I have no idea about the number of productions either, so i am not much help! However, Angela might be able to give you more information if you contact her, her details appear ealier in the thread. I think she may advertise locally for auditions. We found out through this forum and our local ballet school.

REGIONAL YOUTH BALLET......LAST CHANCE TO JOIN US IN WHITLEY BAY.   FINAL AUDITION FRIDAY 2ND OCTOBER 2015 at 4.30pm.    LOOKING FOR STRONG CLASSICAL DANCERS AGES 8-18YS......    PERFORMANCES ON 13TH/14TH NOVEMBER AT THE PLAYHOUSE THEATRE, WHITLEY BAY.   EMAIL angela.evington@regionalyouthballet.com for further information and venue for audition.

THANKS  

• Like 2

REGIONAL YOUTH BALLET LATEST AUDITION - CREWE LYCEUM.    On stage at the Crewe Lyceum for performances in February 2016.  Auditions on Wednesday 14th November 2015.   £15.00  please message or email us for forms and further information.

LAST CHANCE FOR WHITLEY BAY - AUDITION ON FRIDAY 2ND OCTOBER.....CALL NOW TO REGISTER.

• 5 months later...

My daughter did English youth ballet and Regional youth ballet within the same year.

I am happy to give you our experience but obviously it is only one dancers opinion out of many. 

Regional youth ballet was in the main a positive experience. It does not seem to be well advertised so it is difficult to find anything out about it.

There seemed to be a fair bit of time spent hanging around during rehearsals. Having said that, the performance was a good standard and my daughter enjoyed it. It was sometimes difficult to get a reply to email queries. My daughter didn't find it particularly challenging as she was dancing in a group of slightly younger girls but it was still enjoyable. Although some issues, it was mainly a good experience. 

English youth ballet seemed to us to offer more opportunity to make progress. It was challenging and the girls were grouped more by ability which worked well. It was very well organised with virtually no hanging around other than for timetabled breaks. The dancers without main parts were still kept very busy. Parents were kept up to date with everything and it was well advertised. The performances again were of a high standard. 

If I ask my daughter if she would do regional youth ballet again she says 'probably' - if I ask her if she would do English Youth Ballet again she says 'definitely' 

• Like 3