Costume Hire Suggestions?

meadowblythe

As part of my "other" life, ie not a ballet mum, I'm involved in our school production.  This year we're going for The Wizard of Oz.  We don't usually do classics so this is quite a change for us.

Now, we could sit down and create an entire set of costumes, props, scenery but I would be interested in any recommendations on places we could hire some or all of the above.  This is a secondary school with sixth form, situated in rural Lincolnshire.

Many thanks

Meadowblythe

You might find that you could rent the costumes for the main characters from a local fancy dress hire shop.

Maybe another thing to try is if there are any amateur dramatic societies/groups your way (or theatre schools - Stagecoach-type) then they may have a stock of costumes that can be borrowed or hired out.

It might be worth looking at the NODA website listings to see if there are any groups doing the same show and contact them to see if they have costumes to hire/sell on. If you end up buying/making lots you can see if anyone will buy it off you afterwards to recoup some cost.

• Like 1