Bloch bootie size??

Lema

Hi not sure if this is in the right place but can anyone advise me on Bloch bootie sizes as I want to get my daughter some for Christmas so can't try them on her, basically I want to know whether to order her actual size or the next size up? Any help or advice would be really helpful as I've never brought anything like them before, many thanks ????

Is it the warmup boots you mean, Lema? Not sure about children's sizes, but the adult ones come in Petite (adult shoe size 2-3), Small (3.5-4.5), Medium (5-7.5) and Large (7.5-10). Dd has the Medium and can wear flats or pointe shoes inside the boots. They seem to correspond quite well with street shoe size.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, she is a size 13 to a 1 depending on where the shoes are from so may need the childrens sizes, may get away with the adults petit if she's wearing over shoes though I guess. And can anyone tell me exactly why they wear these boots?? As you all know by now I'm a total novice so don't really understand the why behind these things lol thanks everyone for your help xx

lema,

they're usually worn to keep your feet warm. so if you have a break in between classes you can just put them on and have cosy feet! they're basically ballet slippers! they also have a sole so you can wear them outside for walking in between or to the studio and stuff like that:)

also I'm a 3 and have the small and there's plenty of room even with pointe shoes so you will probably get away with child's sizes although if she's still growing it may be best to get an adult one.

• Like 1

my DS wears them to go from room to studios and whilst warming up. school rule is no ballet attire outside studios and these allow him to wear ballet flats inside and also keep warm whilst stretching. he sizes according to UK shoe size. I have been impressed with the Bloch durability (compared to a similar pair of slipper boots [which cost the same] the blochs lasted a year and the slipper boots around 6 months)

• Like 3

And presumably the rule about no VAT on children's shoes still applies, so they'd be cheaper?

I was so delighted when the powers that be put the VAT threshold up to size 6: I used not to qualify when I was an older child, but now I do :). Just had to buy a new pair of trainers, and got them considerably cheaper because they were "junior" size.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hi, does anyone know where I could get a pair of these bloch booties for my daughter, they seem to be sold out everywhere, we are after a pair In adult medium in the pale pink / baby pink colour. She's desperate for them as she's in a couple of performances with lots of breaks between practises whilst others are taught their parts! Any suggestions please!! x

I got a pair from 'just ballet' today, it's worth giving them a ring to ask if they have the size /colour you are looking for. The number for the shop is on their website x

• 2 weeks later...

Try movedancewear.com - I got a pair for my daughter early December when out of stock everywhere else. Not her first choice colour but the ballet pink & she is happy with them. You could also try Dancing Boutique in Tunbridge Wells - shop & on web....they supply a lot of the vocational schools.

Can't believe I actually tracked down a pair of the candy pink booties for my DD. She is thrilled, as everywhere I phoned were sold out or had a back order they were waiting for. Eventually got them from 'Ballet Pointe' in Winchester. Lovely ladies who were so helpful. If you are in hampshire you must check them out, as new shop with fab customer care. Thank you to all who gave me different websites and shops to try. ????