Intermediate Foundation- hours per week?

sarahw

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about the dvds, my dds grades took a sharp upward turn when I cottoned on to the dvds. Filled in the gaps left by teachers and helped her to consolidate what had learnt. 100% in vocational exam is fantastic. My dd got 100 in one or her graded exams and is now disappointed when she gets less than 100...kids!

• Like 1

Woohoo, Dancingfeet – that is amazing! And it's also good to hear positive things about the DVD. I have bought the IF DVD because DD is going from Gr 3 to IF this year. I had a quick look at it to see how scary it was, and won't show it to her until she's learnt some of the syllabus and is less intimidated. She has 18 months before the exam though. Now I'm wondering if I should have got Gr 4 and 5 as well, but it seems quite an expense just to see what she's missed!

• Like 1

Up till now our students have been brought up in the old syllabus, so as they are doing IF after the old Grade 5, most of the steps that have been introduced in the new work as a preparation for IF are new to them too, but it's not problematic. I teach them what they need to know in a basic preparatory sequence and only then do we learn the settings.  Your daughter will probably learn IF in much the same way and she will have plenty of time to get ready.  The new syllabi have a lot of choreographed exercises and as such I don't think that looking at the DVDs to see what she's missed will really help

• Like 2

Thanks for that DiL – her private lesson teacher is also being really helpful and incorporating Gr 4 & 5 things into her solo work so that the gaps slowly get filled. She was slightly horrified to find out DD had never heard of épaulement but there will be many such moments this year, I suspect!