Central Ballet Associate Audition

Nancy19

Just wondered if anyone had any experience of Central Ballet School associate scheme. My DD ballet teacher has recommended her going for it, we have printed off the forms and they ask for a short letter stating why you want to be considered for the scheme. Has anyone done one of these letters? How long was it, and what did you say, was it 'formal' letter?

The lessons sound great, with a mixture of ballet, pointe and Pilates, can anyone shed any light on their audition process, as our only previous audition experience has been EYB and RBS MA, which we are still awaiting results of.

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Its an excellent scheme, Ive had a few past students on this and I actually felt that its one of the best around.

There are others on this forum who will be able to enlighten you further with more up to date information but as far as I remember there was just one audition. If they are doing an Easter course Id recommend going to that too.

• Like 2

The audition is a ballet class. Thinking back several years, my dd wrote her own letter; it was a simple account of why she'd like to learn at Central and how important dance was to her.

Central has been a wonderful experience for dd. The yearly assessments are stringent but I believe they give the students a good understanding of vocational appraisals. I would wholeheartedly recommend the scheme.

They do hold experience days for those unfamiliar with the school and I too would highly recommend the Easter course.

Thanks Spannerandpony, and hfbrew. Upon further investigation, Central sounds great. We had photos taken for RBS, which are the same required for Central, plus a 'pointe' one. Do you think it would be ok to send these, as they are bare foot, or should I redo with ballet shoes on. The application form just says practise clothes.

Many thanks

Nancy x

• Like 1

Hi,

Looking at the web-site the associate programme  has quite a broad cirriculum.   I am just wondering what a typical Saturday 'looked like'.  We would have a long journey, so it would be nice if it was more than just a 1.5 hour class.    

Thanks