ROH booking - period 2 13/14

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Margaret .... Can anyone see what Slips are being held ... just for the public interest ...

None of the standing slips look as if they're held. It looks like AA 1-5 for all I looked at. And then any that students haven't bought in their priority time  become available for the public booking, as I understand it.

And it looks like stalls circle standing D 35-39 are also held

Edited by MargaretN7

Perhaps the answer is, Anna, to go back to college .... putting the Friends' fee towards your studies and joining the ROH team (for free) as a student ...

You might even consider becoming an student ambassador!!

(That's just my attempt at a joke you understand .... Feeble I realise ... :)

When you say, Anna, that there was 'no standing' do you mean no standing on ANY level ... or just no standing in the stalls circle?  Grateful for your kind advice when you are best able.  Much thanks. 

Edited by Meunier

• 2 weeks later...

Advance booking for ordinary Friends opened today. For the first time ever there were absolutely NO stalls circle standing tickets either online or on the phone for ANY of the performances! Looks as if we shall have to invest in a horizontal periscope if we're to see anything of the stage from bench seats practically in the wings...

Did anyone else have any luck?

Yes and no!

I thought for ONCE I was NEARLY about to get an RB class from the insight programme as when I went in it said 6 tickets left but when I went to book just ONE ticket it kept coming up with "it couldn't find one ticket together!!" And then could I order less tickets...doh...

I kept trying but to no avail so went out altogether and tried again at which point it said "sold out" so no luck there AGAIN!

However I did get a seat for Osipova for Giselle in the end but had to pay £10 more than I wanted to because although there was no standing as you say there were a couple of Stalls Circle left it wouldn't let me book(am on IPad so you have to touch screen to make the seat book as it were but nothing was happening!!) So panicked a bit and then tried for rear Orchestra Stalls which DID work so went with that.

I may keep Friends membership going for another year.....it's due for renewal next week...but I am going to test it against normal public booking and if I find that I'm actually no better off with regards to getting seats (and paying too much for them ) then I'll revert to my former strategy of potluck and turning up on the day for performances that I really don't want to miss!! .......as I probably will not end up paying more than I am now by doing it that way anyway!!

Advance booking for ordinary Friends opened today. For the first time ever there were absolutely NO stalls circle standing tickets either online or on the phone for ANY of the performances! Looks as if we shall have to invest in a horizontal periscope if we're to see anything of the stage from bench seats practically in the wings...

Did anyone else have any luck?

I spent £195 on one Stalls Circle standing - plus a lot of other tickets in places where I didn't really want to be.

I got one SCS for Giselle and some reasonable amphi for the other things I wanted - all in all a good booking session for me... until I realised that I'd panic-booked an amphi ticket for a Thursday matinee Giselle! Why is there a Thursday matinee?

• Like 1

Sorry John didn't get the irony first time round!! It's amazing what you can convince yourself of for a while due to misunderstanding!! I thought albeit briefly that it may have been some new weird policy about standing that he ROH had adopted!!

I'll just echo what everyone else said, no SCS, even my favourite amphi seat which is usually fine was taken for almost all the performances I checked.

Still managed to get a few things I'm happy enough with and at least it didn't crash this time.

I'm really regretting the time when ticket limits were per production.

No surprise the Osipova/Acosta Giselle tickets were selling quickly, I kept adding one to the basket only to get a message saying it was gone, this happened a few times, also not much left for Hansel, but everything else was easy (I only book for amphi seats not standing).

I too managed to get what I wanted this time although seats for Hansel and Gretel aren't brilliant. I was dreading trying to get four tickets for the Saturday Giselle with Osipova/Acosta as last time booking was a nightmare. Like Beryl H,  I kept losing seats and then the whole thing crashed. This time I did as suggested and went for 'best available' option and got four in the centre block on row E, so five rows back at 20 seconds past 10am and no aisle for my long-legged son, but a lot less stressful than last time.

It was a bore sitting in the waiting room but I somehow prefer it to this frantic ticket grab we have now.

The only trouble is that some people weren't able to sit in the waiting room for 4 hours until they finally get in.  At my last job, I was only allowed to do personal Internetting between noon and 2 pm, so bang on 12 pm I logged on and it was touch and go whether I would even get out of the waiting room before I had to log off at 2 pm.  Not good.

I suppose there are *some* advantages to being self-employed ...

• Like 1

Wow I never waited that long Alison. The longest I have ever 'queued' was about an hour and ten minutes. We were on holiday in Austria and I tied up the only computer available for guest use for half the morning, hence I remember the time!

Being self employed is twice the work for half the money, but every cloud has a silver lining so they say...... :)

The longest I've ever been on hold on booking day was 3 hrs 45 mins on the phone.

You STILL can't book Access tickets online and there being no dedicated Access line, you have to phone the general Box Office number. It was a painful booking experience in every sense of the word.

IIRC last time I was "only" holding for 1 hr 40. Already trying to psych myself up for January's attempt....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, booking for the poor opened today .... sorry, 'general booking' .... and I was in and out well inside half an hour and bought 17 tickets to 17 different performances .... an opera/ballet mix.... Got everything I wanted except for a standing place for Hansel and one for Turandot.  Have to say it was pretty smooth .... Got a scare when I first went on and dashed to the first Osipova Giselle ... ('Yes, yes, yes' ... I said to myself ... and to quote Bruce's brilliant review of Corsaire (for the wonderful Dancetabs) which I'm seeing tonight in Southampton) ... Selected a good 'T row standing ticket' in the amphi ... and got a box saying there was a 'submission error'.  Did the same again with the same result.  Did the same a third time and it said the ticket had already been purchased.  Went to another T spot and still no luck.  (Each time I did this these spots were still showing as available!!)  Finally got a place at the back .... (plus T spots for the two other Osipova Giselles plus one for Morea's for even better measure.   ... I'm a fan of her potential.  That all said, I'm most grateful for all that I was lucky enough to receive.   

Edited by Meunier

[Well, booking for the poor opened today .... sorry, 'general booking' .... and I was in and out well inside half an hour and bought 17 tickets to 17 different performances .... an opera/ballet mix.... Got everything I wanted except for a standing place for Hansel and one for Turandot.  Have to say it was pretty smooth .... Got a scare when I first went on and dashed to the first Osipova Giselle ... ('Yes, yes, yes' ... I said to myself ... and to quote Bruce's brilliant review of Corsaire (for the wonderful Dancetabs) which I'm seeing tonight in Southampton) ... Selected a good 'T row standing ticket' in the amphi ... and got a box saying there was a 'submission error'.  Did the same again with the same result.  Did the same a third time and it said the ticket had already been purchased.  Went to another T spot and still no luck.  (Each time I did this these spots were still showing as available!!)  Finally got a place at the back .... (plus T spots for her two other Osipova Giselles.   ... I'm a fan of her potential.  That all said, I'm most grateful for all that I was lucky enough to receive.]

I had the same miserable experience of the vanishing tickets, over and over again! I didn't get anything I wanted and have now given up on the telephone after constantly redialling since 10.15. So we shan't be seeing Osipova in Giselle or Morera & Co. in Rhapsody unless we can pick up something from the Ticket Exchange nearer the time. Oh, it's sad to be poor ...

Fairly horrendous experience today: as meunier says, clicked on loads and loads of seats, only to get "submission errors" and/or find that the ticket was in someone else's basket.  Managed to squeeze 2 Giselles in the first half-hour (this not helped by the fact that the website countdown feature was telling me, at 10:26, when I'd only put tickets in the basket at about 10:05, that I only had 2 minutes to complete the purchase.  Don't know what's wrong here, or whether the timing has been reduced to 25 minutes or something), 5 tix in the second half-hour.  No Hansel whatsoever; Giselle insight has been moved to the Clore from the Linbury, which I didn't know, so didn't rush to book :(; about to book a good ticket for the first Saturday matinee of Jewels when I realised there was a total discrepancy in the "Emeralds" casting between the booking brochure and the website ...

There's something to be said about the waiting-room: although the timings were getting ridiculous, at least once you got through it you stood a reasonable chance of having the tickets you chose actually *arrive* in your basket.

I usually manage to get at least one insight or SCS on general public booking but nothing this time :( , rehearsal went directly from not on sale to sold out, and I kept being told that the 1 ticket I tried to buy for the Giselle insight was apparently one too many.

I actually miss the waiting room, I always managed to get everything I wanted then.

ETA: Does anyone exactly what the deal for students is? One was telling me he was able to book yesterday. Would he have seen what was left of the friends allocation or do they have first pick of the general public allocation?

Edited by A frog