Starting soon so this seems the place for ongoing comments.

The link for ROH YouTube

It's being heavily covered in the Guardian - this is a link to their search page with several articles.

A reminder of the schedule:

10.30 Daily Class - including interviews with Jonathan Cope and Kristen McNally

11.35 Wayne McGregor interview

12.00 Alice's Adventures in Wonderland rehearsal

12.30 Dancers interview

13.05 Monica Mason interview

13:20 Prince of the Pagodas rehearsal

13.50 Marianela Nuñez interview

13.55 Barry Wordsworth and Rob Clark interview

14.00 Polyphonia rehearsal

14.30 Dancers interview

15.15 Street Stories - education project with East London dance students

16.10 Romeo and Juliet rehearsal

16.50 Dancers Interview

17.00 New Liam Scarlett ballet rehearsal

17.30 Liam Scarlett interview

18.30 Carbon Life - including interviews with Wayne McGregor and Mark Ronson (Insights Public Event)

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I saw something yesterday which said that the R&J rehearsal was actually the RBS, and involved learning the swordfighting. Yet on the live broadcast last night we were told that they don't teach swordfighting at the RBS, which is all a bit confusing.

Just been interviewing Beatriz Stix-Brunell, who makes her debut in Alice tomorrow. Now showing what I presume is the Yuhui Choe footage of a couple of years ago.

Am realising that if you pause the feed you need to refresh the page to catch up with the latest, otherwise you just start again from where you left off.

I haven't been able to watch all of it by any means but a lot of it is not 'live' or new material for instance the intervew which is on now and who is the man acting as interviewer? Or dear!

Having seen more of 'Alice' I am sorry to say that I do not think this is a serious addition to the RB reprtore. Fun maybe, good for children maybe, but up there with Giselle, Swan Lake, R&J etc, not really

I'm assuming the dancers have to eat lunch sometime - and might prefer to do that in private :)

I did not expect to see them eating lunch Alison but I imagine they do not all go to lunch at the same time! Having said that I have enjoyed everything from then onwards. Good interview with Monica Mason and riveting 'Pagodas' rehearsal with Marianella Nunez. I must tear myself away now

I missed the Pagodas rehearsal but have seen half of the class, the Alice rehearsal and just now the end of the Polyphonia rehearsal. Great to see how Wheeldon and his assistants work and how they are so on the ball. From what I've seen, this is a really excellent new initiative, giving the wider public (around the world) great insights into the 'behind the scenes' of a normal RB day. Judging by the tweets, it's looking really successful and I won't be surprised to see this done again. Well done RB!

• Like 2

Fantastic stuff. The live rehearsals fascinating, and the 'filler' clips are many I've not gotten round to watching before. Interesting interviews too (though George Lamb not a fave of mine, he nearly brought down 6Music!!) Not getting much work done!!

What have they done? Basically just set up cameras to cover whatever's going on in the Clore? If so, that would explain why we've currently got a lot of non-RB dancers on the site. Is there perhaps a stage rehearsal going on which they're not equipped to show?

And did anyone spot who the "TBC" in Polyphonia was, out of interest?

Darn it! I thought if I had the picture on Pause (as I have most of the day) I wouldn't be downloading anything very much (that's how YouTube usually works for me). I've just been warned that I'm already at 80% of my monthly download allowance, which has got to last me until the middle of next month . So I've wasted it all and still not really watched any of it :(

I've been managing to watch quite a lot of this as,joy of joys, my boss is away today :) I've really enjoyed the bits I've seen, and judging from the envious tweets from all around the world it's a great RB initiative which I hope gets repeated soon. Hmmm....wonder if POB would do this? That would be fascinating!! Well done to all at RB and ROH.

• Like 1

Why am I not surprised to discover that the local library internet system is completely down and not expected to be back today? So that's now at home, at work and in the library that I can't watch it. Grrr! Maybe they'll make it available on iTunes in due course.

Did anyone get the impression that you'd be able to pick and choose what you wanted to watch from the re-streaming, or will it be a question of having to be online at a given time if you want to watch a specific bit tomorrow?

What have they done? Basically just set up cameras to cover whatever's going on in the Clore? If so, that would explain why we've currently got a lot of non-RB dancers on the site. Is there perhaps a stage rehearsal going on which they're not equipped to show?

And did anyone spot who the "TBC" in Polyphonia was, out of interest?

There seemed to be a mixture of casts: If memory serves me right, in the foreground were: Itzi and Dawid, Leanne B and Nehemiah, Yuhui and Alex, Beatriz and Tristan. Lots of other dancers behind them but I wasn't watching closely enough to name them all.

Alison, were you using IE? If so, check your Temporary Internet Files for a very large file with today's date on it. You may still be able to recover whatever you've got stored and play it as a flash video file.

Certainly, I am finding the stream is going to the cache in Opera, and I can recover it and play it using VLC. With Firefox and Chrome it's harder to find the files and they are very limited in size. (Opera can be set to 400MB) and IE also has a big limit iirc. Wish I'd discovered this earlier.

Also, watch it in 360 pixels, not 480 or 720.

This has been a remarkable project, with the mix for the day - although no doubt largely driven by the current/upcoming rep - appearing to have been exceedingly well choreographed. And the Wayne McGregor piece has still to come. Serious congrats are due to those concerned in planning the day.

Certainly, I am finding the stream is going to the cache in Opera, and I can recover it and play it using VLC. With Firefox and Chrome it's harder to find the files and they are very limited in size. (Opera can be set to 400MB) and IE also has a big limit iirc. Wish I'd discovered this earlier.

Bit of a correction to this - I've just lost about 20mins of Liam Scarlett rehearsal - so with Opera at least, need to take a copy of the file from the cache *before* stopping the download or closing the browser window i.e. while it's still streaming

There seemed to be a mixture of casts: If memory serves me right, in the foreground were: Itzi and Dawid, Leanne B and Nehemiah, Yuhui and Alex, Beatriz and Tristan. Lots of other dancers behind them but I wasn't watching closely enough to name them all.

I remember seeing Yasmine Naghdi and Claudia Dean

Alex isn't listed on the Polyphonia performance page. Might he be the TBC?

Might be. According to the originally published casting, I'd have expected it to be whoever was dancing with Lauren, but was she there? I can't remember.

Alison, were you using IE? If so, check your Temporary Internet Files for a very large file with today's date on it. You may still be able to recover whatever you've got stored and play it as a flash video file.

Nice idea, thanks, Paul. It doesn't seem to work here - haven't got anything bigger than 2000 KB, but I'll try the home computer and see if anything's stayed on that. Fear I probably lost everything here when IE froze and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Delete it.

Wish I'd thought about reducing the pixel size, too - I'm not so used to all this video watching on the computer, simply because I don't have the allowance to do so. Oh well, I'll know what to avoid if they ever do it again (and I hope they will - it seems to have been successful).