Birmingham Royal Ballet dates for Taster,Insight and "Off the Stage" days

Jan McNulty

• 3 weeks later...

dancetaximum - only done the insight days but have found for them BRB usually send the acceptance of place along with forms for you to fill in about a month or so before the date, along with directions etc .  Sometimes they do let you know earlier but in our experience it is not upon receipt of your application.  As far as I am aware places are allocated in order of receipt and they can be oversubscribed if you apply late.

pas de chat - I think you might have added Royal Ballet School outreach events to the thread on Birmingham Royal Ballet events that this thread highlighted - unless I am just getting confused.  This information might be better on a separate thread.

• Like 1

dancetaximum - only done the insight days but have found for them BRB usually send the acceptance of place along with forms for you to fill in about a month or so before the date, along with directions etc .  Sometimes they do let you know earlier but in our experience it is not upon receipt of your application.  As far as I am aware places are allocated in order of receipt and they can be oversubscribed if you apply late.

pas de chat - I think you might have added Royal Ballet School outreach events to the thread on Birmingham Royal Ballet events that this thread highlighted - unless I am just getting confused.  This information might be better on a separate thread.

I agree with you but not sure how to do that maybe I should have started a new one?

Hi dancetaximomx2. My daughters friend got a confirmation letter for the Salford course next Sunday. It arrived on Saturday morning so we are hoping to hear tomorrow. Which course has your DD applied for? If it's Salford we may see u there. She said she had been sent another form for a friend which suggests there are still places available.

Which level was the 2:15 class? We were undecided upon the correct class for my dd as she is in grade 6 which is the older class but just about to take her interfoundation which is the middle class. We provisionally ticked the middle class as she is hoping to go with a friend who is a year younger. Not looked at the shows yet but it is on my 'to do' list for this week. Think it's nice for them to see how the repertoire they've learnt fits into the performance but then there's that small matter of cost.....especially with elder dd applying for upper schools this year. :)

• Like 1

Will they be seeing a performance too?

Sadly no. We saw Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty earlier this year, and have seen the RB Sleeping Beauty. Much as I love BRB just couldn't justify the expense. Ds and I off to see Carlos Acosta in DQ 1/2 term week which is really setting us back. Should be brilliant though!

Which level was the 2:15 class? We were undecided upon the correct class for my dd as she is in grade 6 which is the older class but just about to take her interfoundation which is the middle class. We provisionally ticked the middle class as she is hoping to go with a friend who is a year younger. Not looked at the shows yet but it is on my 'to do' list for this week. Think it's nice for them to see how the repertoire they've learnt fits into the performance but then there's that small matter of cost.....especially with elder dd applying for upper schools this year. :)

Ds has done his Intermediate and his friend her Advanced Foundation....