Elmhurst School for Dance - Upper School Summer Show - open to public booking

I thought you'd like to know that the Upper School students from Elmhurst are performing their summer show in a theatre this year and tickets are now available for the public to book:

http://tickets.ruddockpac.co.uk/Sales/browse/Events/Ruddock_Hall/Elmhurst_School_for_Dance_Sixth_Form_Summer_Show_2013.aspx

As you'll see on the link, there is a gala on the 9th July with guest performances from BRB, as well as the "normal" performances on the 10th and 11th July.

Please support this - I've been moaning for years that Elmhurst were the only classical upper school who didn't perform to the public, and although my son has now graduated, I'm happy to spread the news!

For the first time ever, Elmhurst School for Dance's Sixth Form summer shows will be held at Birmingham's Ruddock Hall as part of a unique partnership with King Edward's School and King Edward VI High School for Girls, whose Symphony Orchestra will accompany the performances.

The performances include the School's first-ever performances of a suite of dances from Birmingham Royal Ballet Director and Elmhurst's Artistic Advisor David Bintley's highly acclaimed 'Still Life' at the Penguin CaféThere will also be a new ballet by Rambert's Mikaela Polley, a former Birmingham Royal Ballet dancer, and excerpts from Sir Peter Wright's Swan Lake, alongside stunning flamenco, and exciting new jazz and modern works.

The Symphony Orchestra is conducted by Peter Bridle, who is well known in the Midlands for his professional conducting work, and has been awarded an MBE for his work with young people and music. 

The shows will open with Elmhurst's Annual Fundraising Gala on Tuesday 9 July. All funds raised at this event will support the Elmhurst Fund to provide student bursaries and programmes to develop Elmhurst's facilities and excellent academic programme.

The Ruddock Performing Arts Centre Box Office is open for enquiries and to buy tickets between 1pm & 3pm. 

• Like 3

Thanks for posting Julie, although my DDs are in the lower school production I have tickets to see the Upper School too which has a fabulous programme! Really looking forward to watching Stiil Life with the spectatular costumes and I love a bit of Swan Lake. The additon of the orchestra will add someting very special. Tickets for The Tuesday fundraiser with BRB are more expensive (understandably) than tickets for other performances, so don't be put off by prices if that the performance you look to buy tickets for initially and they are beyond your budget.

NL

Tickets almost sold out for the "regular" evenings. A few more left for the matinee and quite a lot left for the Gala which is slightly surprising as it's usually sold out with "friends" at the school - wish I could go, it looks like it'll be a lovely evening

Mid week performances unfortunately make it difficult to attend for those not in the vicinity.Would love to attend the Upper School Performances but will have to make do with " highlights" at the combined performance with the lower school for parents on this occasion.