ZooNation Dance Company - Some Like it Hip Hop

The Company are starting a nine week season at the Peacock Theatre tonight.  The Pictures are of the Finale.  To see the rest of the show go back to the previous forum www.ballet.co.uk/gallery October 2011.  Here is one from last night's rehearsal.

ZooNation%2BDance%2BCompany%2B-%2BSome%2

The Company in Some Like it Hip Hop 

Some pictures from Dave Morgan of the (finale) photoshoot...

8711081308_a661c14786_z.jpg

Tommy Franzen in Some Like it Hip-Hop

© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

8711086752_03a490343b_c.jpg

Natasha Gooden and Duwane Taylor in Some Like it Hip-Hop

© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more...

Dave Morgan: ZooNation in Some Like it Hip-Hop gallery

Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I couldn't find a place for introductions so hopefully you won't mind if I put it here.

I have just booked tickets to see this at the Peacock Theatre on 29th June.

I don't dance (apart from after a few drinks at weddings or parties, natch) but I have a 10 year old daughter who does ballet, tap and modern, and an 8 year old son who does the same. Our youngest son is 6 - danced for a year but now does gymnastics instead.

My wife danced as a child but stopped when she went to secondary school - I gather this is quite a common time to stop.

Hopefully this show will have something for everyone - I showed the video clip to everyone this morning and they were all enthusiastic.

Neil

Hello, Neil.  Welcome to the forum (no, we don't have any particular place for introductions), and thanks for posting.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it: most people seem to have.  We'd be interested to hear your thoughts afterwards.

Welcome to the forum Neil :-)

I went to see this last year with my, then 17 year old, daughter (she's done ballet, tap and modern since she was little - then took some street/hop hop classes a while ago and loved it - she's going to take it up again when she goes to uni). The show was great - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I went to see this last year in Truro Cornwall with my friend and felt guilty we hadn't taken the children so we booked and went again the day after with them. What a brilliant show loved it the second time and captured the audience. Standing ovation at the end. To and see not to be missed.

• Like 1